Anyone else irritated by the post office's special offer for Christmas?

Not so long ago, just as I'd let go of a birthday card I was posting in the letter box, it suddenly occurred to me that I'd forgotten to put a stamp on it ... too late, it was in the box!

'Deary, deary me!', I thought (or words to that effect, with a more adult content)

I realized that any attempt to recover it with a stick would be futile, so promptly raced back to the card shop to buy another (collection was ten minutes away!). With only seconds to spare, I successfully posted the 'bestamped' card and all was well with the world.

Next day I get a phone call from the lucky birthdaying recipient asking if I'd lost my mental facilities ... why had I sent two identical cards?

The upshot of this is that it's pretty obvious you don't have to put a stamp on at all! I'm certainly gonna send all my Christmas cards like this, this year ... I could save upwards of £3! :thumbsup:

I assume you won't be able to tell if full price was paid or not! They'll be the same stamps.

Nits? :huh:

I assume you're on benefits?

You assume a lot don't you?:loopy:.

Unlike you I don't begrudge a little help to people less fortunate especially at christmas.

Humbug you scrooge,,,,,,,,,,,humbug.

Not so long ago, just as I'd let go of a birthday card I was posting in the letter box, it suddenly occurred to me that I'd forgotten to put a stamp on it ... too late, it was in the box!

'Deary, deary me!', I thought (or words to that effect, with a more adult content)

I realized that any attempt to recover it with a stick would be futile, so promptly raced back to the card shop to buy another (collection was ten minutes away!). With only seconds to spare, I successfully posted the 'bestamped' card and all was well with the world.

Next day I get a phone call from the lucky birthdaying recipient asking if I'd lost my mental facilities ... why had I sent two identical cards?

The upshot of this is that it's pretty obvious you don't have to put a stamp on at all! I'm certainly gonna send all my Christmas cards like this, this year ... I could save upwards of £3! :thumbsup:

As much as that?...Wow!!!...You're a really prolific card sender!

My understanding these days is if a letter (or card) is unstamped, they leave a card and it costs £1 or so for them to redeliver, or for you to collect it.

So this year I think I'm going to buy a pack of envelopes and send lots of empty envelopes to people I don't like (might need a box of envelopes actually). :hihi:

As much as that?...Wow!!!...You're a really prolific card sender!

My understanding these days is if a letter (or card) is unstamped, they leave a card and it costs £1 or so for them to redeliver, or for you to collect it.

So this year I think I'm going to buy a pack of envelopes and send lots of empty envelopes to people I don't like (might need a box of envelopes actually). :hihi:

You are so right Pete I got one yesterday, it said they had a letter for me with insufficient postage, it cost me £1.09 to get it delivered. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost like someone who works get penalised for actually having a job! We pay full whack on council tax, full whack at the dentist, full whack for prescriptions...full whack for everything! :rant:

I think the part which concerns me more is how much this subsidy is costing Royal Mail.

We're forever being told that they're in trouble, its in danger of being privatised, yet they can blow all this money subsidising stamps and printing leaflets telling the nation so.

Why not just do a press release and put posters in Post Offices, and information on the website?

Unlike you I don't begrudge a little help to people less fortunate especially at christmas.

I think what pete was saying is that there are some people who work who get little more than they would on benefits...

Oh dear! Didn't mean to upset you with my assumptions! :|

Charity begins at home! I believe is the phrase. I have to be careful with money all the time! Don't you?

I think the part which concerns me more is how much this subsidy is costing Royal Mail.

We're forever being told that they're in trouble, its in danger of being privatised, yet they can blow all this money subsidising stamps and printing leaflets telling the nation so.

Why not just do a press release and put posters in Post Offices, and information on the website?

Do you think someone at the post office should get the sack for this?