Sign in to follow this  

The Boardwalk

Guest rosie

Has anyone been to the Boardwalk in Sheffield.

I am going tonight to watch She in their last gig and I was wondering what it was like.

I've never been either, but I hear it's a good place, lots of live music and stuff.

I never frequent pubs in town though, too noisy and expensive compared to the friendly local IMO.

The Boardwalk is pretty much one of the proving grounds for Sheffield bands and a good place to catch an act before they hit the big time (if at all).

But if I were you I'd stick to going when you want to see a band, as the place fills up with the hangers-on and the prices are not cheap at the bar.

Also, you might end up paying on the door to see a band that you don't care for.

The Boardwalk is a great place for a good night out ,its one of the few pubs left in town thats not gone all trendy its a real pub ,my Son plays there quite often with his band Psycho Logical ,its a wonderful place for young talent to get started ,the sound men and all staff are always helpful and profesional ,and its also somewhere ,over 14's can go to see young bands ,it keeps em off the streets ,and were all for that .

Surprised Classic Rock hasn't gatecrashed this thread to plug her place, try and get people to go there instead ;)

SHE are a fab band.....(but i would say that cos i know the drummer.)

lol

:D SHE could go on tour with HIM that would be cool

The Boardwalk isn't bad. I know the guy that runs (in fact I think he might own) it. The clientele are certainly not your Stone House type! Friendly place. Get yourself down there.

Guest rosie

Green

I know Phil H from She, I think there good and I am a bit older than their normal fan base.

Ha the boardwalk what a laugh, full of ozzy ozbourne wannabes and you cant hear yourself think. Well it is a good place for up and coming talent to show their full potential. I am 39 and i like to go out for a quiet nite because my ears are past it now so rosie i wouldent bother just stay to the leadmill

My mate's band (from manchester) played in the boardwalk and it was a good gig... bit of an old style place, with one long bar and a fairly small stage. It's got excellent accoustics though, and a very good sound setup (for quality rather than pointless volume). My only problem was, as pointed out above, the generally young age of most of the clientelle... but I shouldn't really complain cos I was just like that 10 years ago!!!!

Try going to see someone you like first before gambling on the more inexperienced local bands

Originally posted by Rich

Surprised Classic Rock hasn't gatecrashed this thread to plug her place, try and get people to go there instead ;)

I think you know about my gaff already. :thumbsup: