Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Did he teach History?. I went to St Peters and we had a Mr O'Connor who then went onto Notre Dame when St Peter's closed.

He was sooo good looking, I had a huge crush on him all through school, he was also a very good teacher.

Yep it's the St Peter's Mr O'Connor....but my Dad taught him everything! Mr McNerney definately the best teacher ever!!

Mr McNerney ....History teacher....St Peter's School then a short time at Notre Dame before illness forced an early retirement.....simply the best!!

For me there is only one candidate.

Step forward Mrs Cooper who taught my class M4C at Nethergreen Middle School between 1980-1981.

She made school more enjoyable than I had ever known, before and after. She also pushed me to get into the top class at King Edward VII (from where I slunk back to 'middle of the road', but hey ho).

Even the class idiots seemed to take an interest in their school work under Mrs Cooper.

I salute thee.:thumbsup:

Mrs Cooper taught one of my kids, another fabulous human being is Mrs Jubb who retired about 10 years ago from NGJS.

Mrs Cooper taught one of my kids, another fabulous human being is Mrs Jubb who retired about 10 years ago from NGJS.

Is that the same Mrs Cooper who taught history at KES????? If so, she was fairly .... unique.....!!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

Mrs Cooper was ace from KES....a woman not to be messed with...and Miss Hayes from Westways..she was like Miss Honey from Matilda-Roald Dahl

left july 1959 age 14 started work at that age whats the problem?

You could not work legally in a factory until you were 15.

You could not work legally in a factory until you were 15.

Hiya not all people stick to the law...I started working when i was 15 as a pot washer in a pub and at 17 behind the bar when the landlord was short on bar staff so maybe he's telling the truth

I am talking about a proper job and a long time ago.

did not work in a factory.what is your problem.born 1944 left school at 14 started work at 14 one week after leaving school.please do not call me a liar again as it is now getting boring.move on and get a life.

I remember Sid Newham at chaucer.

He was a sadistic man who was far too eager with the cane.

is it true he used to jump off a chair when he caned you?i went to chaucer the year he left,i remember him being little,fat ,bald with big sideburns.

did not work in a factory.what is your problem.born 1944 left school at 14 started work at 14 one week after leaving school.please do not call me a liar again as it is now getting boring.move on and get a life.

I have a very good life thank you and no one called you a liar,but if the cap fits wear it.