Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Ralph O'Donnell - Owler Lane

Sadly passed away recently

Miss Pitt - Ecclesfield School. She was a fantastic English teacher who I believe is still teaching now!

That Mr Martin is now head at Notre Dame.We dont get quite so many tales from 1960s London now.

Doubt if he'll remember me (30 odd years ago) but say hello from Frank Lingard for me

Miss Ekin french teacher De La Salle College

len edgerton

jack crawshaw

turton all from hurlfield boys all dedicated teachers strick but fair teaching to them was a vocation not just a job taught me from 63-67 a lot of respect for their effort & time they gave

The best by far was Leslie Collinson at Parson Cross and later Chaucer Road school, he was a gentleman and he taught me to apreciate nature study and how to behave properly, he also taught me to Ballroom Dance after school was over, I bumped into him years after I had left school and he named me straight away, my second choice would be Mr.Newham at Chaucer School another teacher who stood no nonsense but he got nothing but respect. sadly this generation have gone and probably NOT for the better, finally a woodwork teacher at Chaucer taught me how to dodge a plank of wood sadly he didn't miss the second shot but he did have my respect but it took a few years before I realised it was for my benefit he threw the planks.

yeah Tom Silcock, ahead of his time. Never, ever lost it, but retained control. Combined his teachings with modern things like citizenship, pshe etc. None better!

Mr burton. AKA bocker burton. He hated this and the name was handed down from older siblings, so you knew him as bocker before you got there.

Never felt comfortable with sister concepta or mrs haydock - both aloof and didnt seem to like kids, altho they were harmless enough.

Worst were rik peirson (PE) who never encouraged, just criticised and rode round the cross country course on his moped hoping to catch the cheaters to enjoy a good caning and miss marshall, deputy head/art teacher, who showed no respect to kids, gave no encouragement and called you names

You will be pleased to hear that Pearson has sold his moped to finance a spell in a care home

anyone remember mr dowling metalwork teacher at myers grove 70s/80s wonder if hes still around very good silver smith excellent teacher

when i wasr at huntsman garden school the headteacher was called mr catell very fierce man is cane we were tod had steel going through the middle ,and if you wasnt quick enough moving your hand away he brought it back up so you got a double dose

John Sherwood was an olympic bronze medalist in the same race that David Emery won gold

Hatfield House Lane Senior School .... Headmaster Mr Whitfield was a lovely man.

Also somebody mentioned a Mrs Proctor from Hinde House School, ( if it's the same Mrs Proctor ) she's my cousin, a lovely lady and still mad as a hatter ! :hihi: