"Let's have a look at what you could have won"

bassett-boys

Yes Gazza mate, we do see things differently and I am sure your memories of your ground are like mine with ours, nothing wrong with that, but if Aaron (bless 'im, he can't help it) is somehow pretending that S6 is a modern football ground, then he is kidding only himself. It can hold great memories for some people (Adi Akinbiyi for one! :hihi:) but not exactly Old Trafford and not a patch on BDTBL.

In your opinion ;)

Totally agree Gazza. I always get the goosebumps :) The pitch is good - it is not just a huge shed, as for looking like a foundry :huh: I remember what the old foundries looked like- that's total nonsense, S6 may be getting on a bit but it's still ok in my book. The atmosphere is usually fantastic - even when we were relegated (admittedly spolied by the morons invading the pitch). I love our ground - slate it all you like Blades I have a thick skin ;)

By the bye - I thought it was common knowledge that BDTBL did not have a current safety certificate 1989 either- or did I read that wrongly? Will stand corrected if so but I do know for certain that Hillsborough was not the only ground.

Yes you are right potlegs the lane did not have a current safety certificate at the time,like many other grounds i would imagine.

If you go onto general football forums, you'll see that many football fans from other clubs prefer Hillsborough to BL. I did a poll acouple of years ago and it was in 80% favour of Hillsborough.

Hillsborough offers a lot more than BL ever has.

80% OF COURSE IT WAS !! EVERYONE LOVES THE OWLS, LEEDS FANS, BLADES, THE CO-OP :)

Aaron your a jonny come lately yourself, I may run a poll myself on the topic, i predict it will come out 100% of persons interviewed suggested they would rather go to The Lane than Hillsbrough.:)

Im not claiming hillsborough is a ultra modern ground,thats the point,its a proper old school football stadium which has that feeling as soon as you walk in it,many away supporters have said exactly the same thing. If you think that is a bad thing then fair enough,you would be happy with the prawn sandwhich brigade at old trafford,i certainly see it as a good thing.

I too much prefer the more traditional stadia than the new builds, Locally Donny ,Rotherham And Chessy have upgraded to new modern facilitys , Barnsley have even tarted up and built on Oakwell, United have rounded off 3 of the grounds four corners and up graded many facilitys, while We would all agree S6 is tierd, outdated and need of a tidy up.

The only thing going for S6 is its capacity, and perhaps the tram :)

i personally admit your place was a better ground until we got promoted and the hotel and corner were filled in and car park done up. ours has been and remains the better ground now although i will admit john street is looking tired and i think the Kop needs to be developed to the plans that were drawn up for 2018.

80% OF COURSE IT WAS !! EVERYONE LOVES THE OWLS, LEEDS FANS, BLADES, THE CO-OP :)

Aaron your a jonny come lately yourself, I may run a poll myself on the topic, i predict it will come out 100% of persons interviewed suggested they would rather go to The Lane than Hillsbrough.:)

Just rang people from my phone book and 90% are in favour of BDTBL the other 10% are l**ds

(I've got to delete him lol)

Just rang people from my phone book and 90% are in favour of BDTBL the other 10% are l**ds

(I've got to delete him lol)

I just wonder where his poll was conducted!!

My poll was conducted against my facebook friends 99 out of the hundred said Bramall Lane.. 1 said "whats Hillsbrough" !!

99% success rate :)

Edited by TAT

PB and LB have just proved - apart from one Leeds fan - that they have no mates other than Blades fans - a tad bigoted? Or maybe that's just me eh? ;)

obsessed !! lol

almost so very true:hihi::hihi: but your still obsessed lol

you have me thinking now, and yep just the 2 mates:hihi: i do however tollerate several other known to be Owls.:)

But the Owl mate was the one , when questioned said "whats hillsbrough " :)

Edited by TAT