Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Brought to book for what? You seem to be missing a few very big points.

Taylor said that most fans were "not drunk, nor even the worse for drink".

As for ticketless fans, the stand wasn't even full when the crush happened. The crush was caused by too many fans being in one section, not in the stand as a whole which was below capacity. Tickets had been on sale at Anfield on the day before the game. There was no need for fans not to have tickets. They were easily available.

But let's say you're right, which you aren't. If there had been loads of drunk and ticketless fans outside then it would have been the job of the police to arrest them. But they didn't. Why not? Well, they didn't exist for one and for another the police weren't outside the ground controlling the fans. That was the failure of policing that I mentioned earlier.

Now who's not blinkered.

The ones who were arrested and charged were not taken to court but released due the the ensuing tragedy, I have admitted mistakes by the match commander in the policing operation. I ask you the question as to whether you have seen the statements of the Liverpool officers on duty at the Leppings Lane end. as for my forum name, I happen to prefer real ale to the mass produced stuff churned out by major brewers.

The ones who were arrested and charged were not taken to court but released due the the ensuing tragedy, I have admitted mistakes by the match commander in the policing operation. I ask you the question as to whether you have seen the statements of the Liverpool officers on duty at the Leppings Lane end. as for my forum name, I happen to prefer real ale to the mass produced stuff churned out by major brewers.

I haven't heard about people being arrested but not charged. It would seem strange for the police not to charge them if they had been drunk and ticketless as it would have given substance to the police's allegations about Liverpool fans which turned out to be lies. Strange that. Do you have a link?

I haven't seen statements from police officers on duty at the Leppings Lane. Do you have a link?

I share your taste in real ale. I just think it's a bit rich to use a name like that and critcise someone else for drinking alcohol.

The ones who were arrested and charged were not taken to court but released due the the ensuing tragedy, I have admitted mistakes by the match commander in the policing operation. I ask you the question as to whether you have seen the statements of the Liverpool officers on duty at the Leppings Lane end. as for my forum name, I happen to prefer real ale to the mass produced stuff churned out by major brewers.[

I would quite appreciate a link to the Liverpool police statements and the arrested fans non appearance in court if you would oblige please.

I haven't heard about people being arrested but not charged. It would seem strange for the police not to charge them if they had been drunk and ticketless as it would have given substance to the police's allegations about Liverpool fans which turned out to be lies. Strange that. Do you have a link?

I haven't seen statements from police officers on duty at the Leppings Lane. Do you have a link?

I share your taste in real ale. I just think it's a bit rich to use a name like that and critcise someone else for drinking alcohol.

The link you need is http://www.hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/report/main-section/part3/ and use the search box for merseyside police. I can assure you personally that some arrests were made and they were all charged but not taken to court as I can only assume as a compassionate gesture in view the tragedy that occurred. I do not criticise anyone for drinking alcohol, only those who drink to excess which has tragic consequences in any situation.

I was in the Pen Nook at Deepcar that afternoon, there were around 12 Liverpool fans in the pub having a few beers and a laugh with the locals. None of the fans had tickets to the game but they did have a plan which they were only too happy to discuss.They and others who were in on the plan would "mob" the Leppings lane entrance in the knowledge that the police would open the gate to prevent anyone getting crushed or the wall collapsing. They were happy that it worked for them the previous year at the same fixture and saw no reason to suppose it wouldnt work again, they had similar plans for other grounds as well.

Edited by waldershelf

I was in the Pen Nook at Deepcar that afternoon, there were around 12 Liverpool fans in the pub having a few beers and a laugh with the locals. None of the fans had tickets to the game but they did have a plan which they were only too happy to discuss.They and others who were in on the plan would "mob" the Leppings lane entrance in the knowledge that the police would open the gate to prevent anyone getting crushed or the wall collapsing. They were happy that it worked for them the previous year at the same fixture and saw no reason to suppose it wouldnt work again, they had similar plans for other grounds as well.

On a similar theme. In 1983 Sheffield Wednesday had an F.A. Cup semi final against Brighton. A couple of weeks before that match a colleague of mine was talking to some Everton fans in a motorway service station. They asked him if he was going to the semi final match, but my mate told them he wasn't because he didn't have a ticket. The Everton fans told him that it didn't matter because they never got tickets for big games like that. They said that hey just turned up in numbers and crowded round an entrance. They said that if there were enough of them the police would let them in somewhere. I know it's not Liverpool fans and it was 6 years before Hillsborough, but it indicates a certain mind set, I think.