Buying Razor Blades

Buy Value range just as good well everyones knowes Sheffielders are tight buggers.

Shaving has become a pleasure not a chore in this house since getting the Chatsworth by Edwin Jagger. It was about £85. Compared to the Gillett blades in 9 months it has already paid for itself.

The weight is more balanced than some of the cheaper styles. I was unsure which to get when looking online at TheEnglishShavingCompany due to this factor. A phone call later for some very impressive advice and I soon found myself getting shown around the factory! It was amazing. I am so proud of the products especially as they are made in Sheffield. But with a worldwide following :)

The You Tube vid recommended using Proraso, it's also worth a shout. There are a number of free shaving /proprietary cream samples in with the razor all of which I have ended up buying in full size because they feel nice on the skin and also have no paraben's or nasties in them which dry the skin.

At Christmas last year I got a £10 taster pack of blades, great as there really is a difference between manufacturers. I'd recommend this option. I can not say yet which is best as I've not worked though them all yet, despite shaving at least 3 or 4 times every week.

This really is a cheaper option in the long run especially more so for corse hair.

Edited by MrBump
Silly phone! And SPAG police.

I have just talked myself into buying a Merkur Futur of E.Bay £50 from what i have seen and heard about these razor's i dont think i will regret it, thanks all.

really cheap on line, i just get them from amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Derby-Stainless-Double-Razor-Blades/dp/B00346P9DK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347274973&sr=8-2

£2 for 10 blades.

And yes, a proper safety razor is so much more cost-effective, and I find you get a much better shave too.

Any good?

Last time I got the 100 pack of Derby blades for a tenner, and wasn't too impressed with them.

I have just talked myself into buying a Merkur Futur of E.Bay £50 from what i have seen and heard about these razor's i dont think i will regret it, thanks all.

Well done..you won't regret it..don't forget to buy a decent shaving brush as well as a quality shaving soap...best to try a few different blades.

You're welcome..let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Hi J R

I wont get it while next week but i have bought 100 Wilkinson blades £10.99 of Ebay but i have seen them cheaper £8.99 of Ebay also, when i first saw these Razor's on Amazon i thought ime not paying all that for a razor LOL, But having gone into it further you get a lot better shave at a lot less cost in the not so long run i think they call it a "no Brainer"