Recommend solicitor for conveyancing

i did want to use norrie waite and slaitor but hsbc mortgage requires them to be csq qualified which they arent yet .

taylor and emmet seem to be next best although i know they wont be cheap - i am awaiting to hear qoute from them . anyone else got any recommendations for first time buyuer of house.

I used Coates in Mosborough, they were cheap, professional and quick.

Elliot Mather Chesterfield Branch Andrew Yates Ive used him about 7-8 times he is quality and always there on the phone to answer any questions

You could try Jeffrey Shaw off here?

You could try Jeffrey Shaw off here?

We're currently using Jeffery.

So far he has been reliable, he contacts us when necessary and when we have contacted him he has acted in a timely manner.

He answers our questions promptly, and also has offered us sound advice.

Overall we're very happy with his services.

Coo, someone who appreciates me.

[does not hold breath awaiting others]

Can i ask what your costs are please? pm isfine thanks

Coo, someone who appreciates me.

[does not hold breath awaiting others]

Can i ask what your costs are please? pm isfine thanks

I also used Coates for conveyancing and have no complaints. It all went smoothly.

when I was buying a house I went round several solicitors in Sheffield and Chesterfield. What I found was that the Sheffield solicitors seemed to have some kind of price-fixing arrangement going on where they all charged roughly the same - the only variation was minor things like a few quid difference here or there on searches and stuff.

I found the same thing in Chesterfield as well. Some kind of unwritten agreement that they would all stick to the same price roughly.

Then, someone put me on to a licensed conveyancor - rather than a solicitor. This was the best advice I was given. The guy was about two-thirds of the price that the solicitors charged in the same town.

You could do worse than to check this out.

when I was buying a house I went round several solicitors in Sheffield and Chesterfield. What I found was that the Sheffield solicitors seemed to have some kind of price-fixing arrangement going on where they all charged roughly the same - the only variation was minor things like a few quid difference here or there on searches and stuff.

I found the same thing in Chesterfield as well. Some kind of unwritten agreement that they would all stick to the same price roughly.

Then, someone put me on to a licensed conveyancor - rather than a solicitor. This was the best advice I was given. The guy was about two-thirds of the price that the solicitors charged in the same town.

You could do worse than to check this out.

Hi derbytup who was the licenced conveyancing firm you used instead if solicitors? I was wanting to save costs on this and sounds like a good idea but need a recommendation

Thanks

I used Coates also, they were the cheapest among the ones I got quotes from but they are all v simular. Coates are very good though, always contactable by phone and mail. Very professional but down to earth. Highly recommended