PPI companies which?

Well I suppose on balance they're all successful, but why bother losing a hefty clice of your compensation (in comission to them) when it's perfectly easy to do it yourself?

Lets face it, even if you use a company, you'll be doing most of the donkey work, by providing documentation etc.....just to feed to them...Just do it yourself. Go to "money saving expert" and there's loads of information on there regarding exactly how to do it, with sample letters and allsorts!

Do it yourself. It's easier than you think and you don't lose 25% of your compensation!

I sent a standard template letter you can download off the internet. They replied and enclosed a questionnaire for me to complete. Filled it in, sent it back and this weekend got a reply saying we're upholding your complaint and I got £2500 back. I sent all correspondence by recorded delivery so all in all it cost me about £3.

don't give your money away by using a company

follow the steps at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

I agree! I used the MSE template for a claim against Alliance and Leicester. I didn't have to send any documentation and 3 weeks later got a reply with a cheque for £2,200!

Be carefull because some of these companies take 25% of what you would have overpaid if the loan had carried on till the full term and you could end up owing them money, it was on the tv last month. One bloke was awarded nearly five thousand pound and was expecting to get 75% of that for himself, instead they kept all the money and sent him a bill for £900. Save yourself alot of money and do it yourself.

If you use a ppi claim company you will pay 25% of any money they recover ,you are better off doing it yourself ,get hold of your bank and ask for a claim form or ask for the ppi claim dept ,most banks now have them because of the court case they lost ,

It is not hard ,I did it with yorkshire bank and got back £3500 ,it will take a while because of the backlog of claims but you will get your money back providing you payed ppi .

good luck