[Rant] Modern day "gamers"

Sounds like my sort of gaming! :thumbsup:

It's a bit of fun. If I'm playing with people I know then we tend to give each other some stick as we play though, but we all know it's part of the game.

Should see me when I am acting as healer on an MMO for a long session - I get quite drunk over time...but still keep people alive (so long as they stay within my range and trust me). The conversations over Teamspeak are hilarious at times, including moments such as when the entire party were getting wiped, and the three remaining were trying to outrun the mob. I chose that moment to play the Benny Hill theme over Teamspeak and the group almost ruptured themselves laughing (so wish i'd caught a vid of the events).

I hate it when you get called a haxz0r for getting a Epic round :rant:

I hate it when you get called a haxz0r for getting a Epic round :rant:

Does anyone still say haxor or epic. :huh:

You know, one thing I really hate about modern day "gamers", is this whole 'noob' culture, they think it's big and cool and the "in thing" to call someone a "f-kin noob" and rage about it all game, instead of just playing the game.. Everyone was a noob once..

How modern are you talking? This was normal enough back in the 90s on quake servers. Although usually the capture the flag ones where they had a bigger audience.

Yes it's got a bit daft. If you recieve threatening or offensive messages after a round or even in a round just report it to whoever hosts the server, xbox live, or the PSN dependign what you're playing. They aren't doing much at the minute but I know they are under pressure to do something. The majority of the language is usually racist or homophobic and coming from people who on the first person shooters clearly don't sound old enough to be playing the game. A months ban from online gaming networks for a first offense should calm it down, then more long term bans for repeat offenses should be brought in. Personally it doesn't bother me but I'm sure it puts a lot of people off and it hardly a positive thing for the gaming community.

being a girl who likes to play MW3 i found i got ALOT of abuse from online gamers just a few words i was called was s**g, wh***, dumb bi***, but i find it pretty funny that i can get someone so mad just by killing them on a game! isnt that the point ITS A GAME!! lol just because im a women doesn't make me any less capable of playing a game were the majority is mainly men.

I've had online communications (from strangers) muted on my xbox(es) since the first Gears of War came out!

Playing online really is better when you don't have to interact with total morons. Sorry in advance, I know this is xenophobic; but why the hell couldn't America have adopted French or German or Spanish as their official language??? Life online would be so much more pleasant if they didn't share our language!!!

I've had online communications (from strangers) muted on my xbox(es) since the first Gears of War came out!

Playing online really is better when you don't have to interact with total morons. Sorry in advance, I know this is xenophobic; but why the hell couldn't America have adopted French or German or Spanish as their official language??? Life online would be so much more pleasant if they didn't share our language!!!

:clap::clap::clap: they were the main culprits/morons that hurled abuse at me :o obviously they didnt like getting there arse's kicked by a woman!! :banana:

being a girl who likes to play MW3 i found i got ALOT of abuse from online gamers just a few words i was called was s**g, wh***, dumb bi***, but i find it pretty funny that i can get someone so mad just by killing them on a game! isnt that the point ITS A GAME!! lol just because im a women doesn't make me any less capable of playing a game were the majority is mainly men.

I get this alot too. It's amazing how guys can act though once they find out you're a girl, but as soon as you prove you are better than them they rant. I find it quite hilarious.

To be honest I very rarely hear people over here in the UK talk in games like Call of Duty. Though many have microphones they are often already in parties and in the lobbies I seem to frequent they tend to stay muted or don't say much in general unlike our American counterparts. French and German players seem to talk a lot more too.

I instead tend to get bizarre voice messages having a go at me or challenging me to 1v1's. One of the funniest/strangest I remember was from what sounded like a 12 year old kid, I'd gotten the game winning kill in a room full of enemies that required me to pick up and use his shotgun from his corpse after I'd run out of bullets. He was livid, telling me not to get cocky and how dare I use his gun without his permission, it should be him getting credit for the kill etc. LOLz all round indeed.

As for "Girl Gamers" it sadly seems most keep quiet just to avoid the harassment and get on with the game. However I have seen a few exceptions though, but some of these seem to be attention seekers who apart from having names that blatantly make it obvious in their Gamertag that they are female, thrive on the attention they get from a group of (often) teenage lads.

Quite a long post, sorry, but if anyone fancies a game of anything sometime please feel free to add me. My GT is: K33N A5 MU5TARD surprised there isn't a thread of Gamertags on here already.

keen mustard, there is a gamertag thread. I'll post a link later, using my phone atm.

I know what you mean about the female gamers having a gender specific username. Mine isn't, at all, and it's hilarious being at the top of the lobby and getting abuse hurled at me without them knowing it's actually a girl they're swearing at. That's the only point I'll plug my headset in, just to rub salt in. :hihi: Other than that I'm usually in a party so use party chat.

He was livid, telling me not to get cocky and how dare I use his gun without his permission <<< Seriously?? That's effing hilarious. :hihi:

This may not relate but i got abuse cause apperently my internet was rubbish, and everyone according to him was lagging, when i know i had perfect internet connection, i just love how none say it through a microphone, iv always had it through message.. As for the yanks i played a zombie match and there was 2 yanks bpssing everyone about, telling us to open doors and they didnt open one door.. and then it ended up in arguments over them being the usual bossy yanks