Another mass shooting in the USA

as long as it IS ONLY he, theres has been rumours there was more than one

There were so many calls coming in at once when the shooting started that it was at first believed there was more than one. The SWAT team combed the temple but found no other shooter but who knows. If there was another shooter he may have escaped. The SWAT team are still on site however

I was watching the live link fairly early on and the police were looking for an armed bloke who'd been seen running into the wooded area near the temple. They put out an alert, description and everything but then that part of the storey disappeared from the news, so who knows.

I was watching the live link fairly early on and the police were looking for an armed bloke who'd been seen running into the wooded area near the temple. They put out an alert, description and everything but then that part of the storey disappeared from the news, so who knows.

That's the main drawback of 24hr news imo, when a serious incident occurs, in the absence of facts and in the clamour for a scoop, the BREAKING NEWS, they tend to report rumours, but they cover themselves with words like "purportedly" or "reportedly" which I've never understood as they're the ones reporting it.

--

That's the main drawback of 24hr news imo, when a serious incident occurs, in the absence of facts and in the clamour for a scoop, the BREAKING NEWS, they tend to report rumours, but they cover themselves with words like "purportedly" or "reportedly" which I've never understood as they're the ones reporting it.

--

You're right that there was a lot of misinformation banded about but the description given sounded very much like the shooter that was put down. It made for interesting viewing watching it all unfold and if there had been another shooter involved then the informed public in the vicinity could have been a vital tool in helping the police catch him.

Either way you can't put the genie back in the bottle, nor would I want them to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/wade-michael-page-identified-sikh-temple-suspect_n_1746542.html

in the car getting a lift to the bus stop i heard mention of a neo nazi mentioned on the radio? somebody in a band or used to be? i didnt catch most of it, is that from this story?

From the Huffington Post:

"...Page was the leader of a white supremacist band called End Apathy, and gave an interview to a music website declaring that he wanted to "end people's apathetic ways" and that "I was holding myself back," according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Page said he had been part of the white power movement since 2000."

in the car getting a lift to the bus stop i heard mention of a neo nazi mentioned on the radio? somebody in a band or used to be? i didnt catch most of it, is that from this story?

It's been reported that he is a army veteran with possible links to white supremacist groups.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/wade-michael-page-identified-sikh-temple-suspect_n_1746542.html

From the Huffington Post:

"...Page was the leader of a white supremacist band called End Apathy, and gave an interview to a music website declaring that he wanted to "end people's apathetic ways" and that "I was holding myself back," according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Page said he had been part of the white power movement since 2000."

ah k cheers

*reads*