Holiday destination tips for nervy teenage daughter.

Hello All,

As the title says really, I know it's not Sheffield related as such however I hope that some of the nice people who I know frequent this section of the forum can give me a few tips on this one.

Basically my teenage daughter is about to take her first holiday abroad (alone without bank of mum and dad there with her) but instead with her partner in the next few weeks. What with this being her first time on her own shes unsure as to where she wants to go and has asked us (me and her mother) for some pointers as to where we can recommend.

From what I gather the grasp of what she seems to be looking for from her destination are as following.

- 7 Nights all inclusive if possible at all on a budget of around 350 / 400 pp.

- Somewhere in Europe with nice sunshine and beach in August / September.

- An area that has the best of both worlds, preferably staying in a quietish area on a resort but with decent family style bars, shops, restaurants nearby (not looking for a clubbing holiday more a couples holiday).

- Somewhere where English is spoken commonly as shes nervous abut language barriers therefore I would imagine common destinations are preferable.

I think that is just about it, first time away without us folks and she has the jitters, you would think she would be excited but instead shes fretting and I really don't know where to suggest, all opinions welcome.

Hello. I can recommend a hotel called "Seaside Los Jameos" in Lanzarote. It is a wonderful all inclusive hotel with amazing facilites and outstanding food. It is a 30 minute walk or 10 min taxi ride into Puerto Del Carmen which has loads of bars, clubs, shops etc but your not on top of it all if you just want to relax. The hotel is situated on a beautiful stretch of sandy beach with a handful of quieter bars and shops close by. It is a 10 min transfer from the hotel which is a bonus.

You can check out this hotel by going to trip advisor, just type the name of the hotel in. You can see from the reviews that this hotel is special. We have been twice and are planning a third visit! I hope this helps.

If you don't know, how do we ?? .. Surely you know her better than us, though you not mentioned any of her interests or their budget, all you said is shops bars which to me thinks you already think of Spain area, how about skeggy, seehow they go on there

How About Skiathos or one of the other low key Greek Islands. Lots of smaller resorts and nice beaches. Good weather, lots of English speakers. Not too built up and clubby but you can still get a late night drink if you are in the mood.

I think 350 - 400 isn't really much for an all inclusive, that's nice in August/September.

I paid 440 for a half board in Salou in mid September!

Oh and I know Greece is usually cheaper, but I think they tend to do self catering really.

Best thing you can do is go into the holiday shops and quiz the people who work there, you tend to get better offers. I got a good deal for my holiday, and did struggle to find anything below 400 HB that I'd have stopped in.

But then ill only stop in a really nice 3* but preferably a 4* and I checked reviews whilst I was in looking.

Edited by Nataliie

The solana in Benidorm is always good value, it must be, the same people go year upon year.

You could try Crete - just googled it and it came up with £368 pp for a week with Thomson

Agassi on Zante, hotel Katerina palace, lovely place, in Thompsons/portland direct, they would love it.

Afandou on Rhodes, quiet village resort and it is only 5km from Faliraki.

Thank you for some great replies it's more than appreciated. Will pass on the ones you have all told me and would welcome any more.

If i'm blatantly honest I have been pretty much set in my ways with my holiday destinations for the best part of a decade so I'm pretty out of touch with what's out there for a younger couple. The places I have suggested eg Majorca and Gran Canaria which I have enjoyed in the past and she has might I add with us as a kid, but she's looking for somewhere new but at the same time is hesitant.

Try Star Travel on division street. Went there with my daughter for her first trip away by herself. They gave a huge number of tips on travel, changing flight times and cards etc. Very reassuring for a parent. You can always book with someone else and just take the great advice. But we booked with them and my daughter is still away and every tip has proven useful.

May I suggest Malta? They love the British (hurray!), it is very widely spoken and the weather is hot. Perhaps she needs a few more pennies though, unless she goes in early September, assuming she's not at school.

Also, all inclusive may not be the wisest option. Unlimited alcohol? Teenager away from m&d for first time?!