Sheffield to Mablethorpe but not via train

Hi all

We're off on holiday later this year to a holday park at Mablethorpe. The kids love it but the only problem is getting there.

The first year we went, National Express ran a coach service from Sheffield Interchange direct to the holiday camp. Unfortunately, they stopped this a couple of years ago.

Last time we went, me and the kids went on the train and a friend took all out luggage in his van (only a 2 seater) This worked out ok.This year we can't do that as my friend has moved away.

My problem is that to get to Mablethorpe we have to get a train to Skegness, get off and get a bus to Mablethorpe then get another bus to the Park. Managing this with 2 kids and all the luggage is going to be a nightmare. (especially with my sons problems)

Does anyone know of any local companies who do pick ups in Sheffield and drop off in Mablethorpe? Or maybe a cheapish mini bus plus driver to get us there and back? I'm asking now so I can save the money to pay for it as we don't go until August.

Any ideas welcomed.

we went last year on coach,it does do alot of stops and mablethorpe is last drop off but first pick up back.we booked at the travel shop in the interchange.

try telephoning some mini buses i think they charge around 125.00 there and back door to door:thumbsup:

You'll probably get a bus to Louth and then have to wing it with local bus services...I would have thought it a bit isolated despite the billions of caravans at Mablethorpe

phone round mini buses that would be the best bet prices are resonable they advertise in the star.i think it would be best because it would be a lot of hassel to get trains and buses with children and luggage. besides getting the train and buses you will have wasted a day probley.gettin a minibus door to door may be a little more expensive but it cuts all the hassel out:thumbsup:

just been looking on the site for you there is someone called jawson his advertised under transit van and 5 seats but dont know how to get the thread on to this thred hope this helps:thumbsup:

my dad owns a travel firm who do airport and coastal runs he has a small minibus (7 seatsi think) but he also has cars if you pm me i will give you his details also he lives not far from you.;) ;) ;)

There are a number of coach firms that do a saturday service, weekly, in peak season, to Mab, Chapel, Ingoldmells, and Skeggy, ask at one of the the travel centres for more info.

PT

Catch the hunts bus at the interchange ,sheffield,get off at chapel bus station then get a bus from there to mablethorpe.They run pretty regular in the summer .Hunts are based at Alford but I am sure you can get info at sheffield inter change.