Good rate on Euro currency

I am going to Portugal in a few days and was wondering if anyone has bougt euros in the last few days and where the best rate was....???

:thumbsup:

Saw the BBC One Show on Tuesday evening and the best rate for Euros is at American Express in town. Beat the online and even buying in resort rates. Never buy at the airport because the rates are always lousy!

I think you will find that most cards are loaded and the ATM charges you for using it, so you have to take that into consideration when doing it that way.

I've never been charged once by an ATM abroad. And if you take £200 worth of currency out the usual charge is around £3, which is less than the amount you save by getting a better exchange rate.

Tbh there isn't a lot in it regardless of which method you use, but I like not having too much cash around at any one time.

Edited by Rob_1

ice currency on line is always the best rate, currently 1.25 free next day delivery if you order over £300

Except they charge a handling fee. Cost of 500 euros today:

- ICE online £403.41

- My Travelex Cash Passport £400.80 (online top up rate)

And as I said, I don't need to wait in for the delivery.

Amex is only £400.10 but I'd need to go into town to fetch them.