Best Sheffield Pub By Miles? Any?

How come all the best pubs are miles away?

It just depends where you live. There are plenty of buses that stop near the Sheaf :) and its worth the journey

It just depends where you live. There are plenty of buses that stop near the Sheaf :) and its worth the journey

None outside my Flat at Gleadless.

i always go to the angel when im around woodhouse, indeed good food, had mi dads wake there, whats the princess royal at woodhus mill like these days?

Not been in The Princess Royal for a few years. Was ok last time I was in there except the chickens that were running around the back garden (not too friendly)

the sheaf view been my local for 12 years (10 according to bar man) no longer my local. what rubbish staff they have working there no people skill what-so-ever.

One or two pub managers trying to chip in for trad I think

How come all the best pubs are miles away?

Some parts of Sheffield have truly outstanding pubs, other areas are pretty awful for pubs to be honest.

If you want the best Sheffield Pub then I'd suggest The Sheaf View, Shakespeare's, Rutland Arms and Sheffield Tap for starters.

My favourite is the Harlequin (good beer and food, very friendly). I was worried on Friday night when the river was only a couple of feet from flooding the cellar again!

Some parts of Sheffield have truly outstanding pubs, other areas are pretty awful for pubs to be honest.

If you want the best Sheffield Pub then I'd suggest The Sheaf View, Shakespeare's, Rutland Arms and Sheffield Tap for starters.

You list the Rutland Arms, a pub i visited on Saturday, over priced and ill kept beers, sorry i know its about opinions but i was very disappointed. The first pint was "Seven hills" chilled and a good looking tasty drink, the second could not have been more different, flat as a pan cake and different again!!! yet it was the same "seven hills" !!

Went on the The Nelson (Fannys) no complaints there . The Moorfoot was next , just to see if it was as bad as 2 decades ago ! it was :)

The Sheaf Island next, am not a fan of Wetherspoon outlets in general, but a well appointed pub with cheap well kept ales and a clean outside area to catch the sun rays.

The sportsman next, no working real ale pubs on !! On to the Cricketers again the real ale pumps were dormant !

Over all a disapointing crawl if your in to the real ale scene. Back to Kelham Island in future.

Edited by TAT

You list the Rutland Arms, a pub i visited on Saturday, over priced and ill kept beers, sorry i know its about opinions but i was very disappointed. The first pint was "Seven hills" chilled and a good looking tasty drink, the second could not have been more different, flat as a pan cake and different again!!! yet it was the same "seven hills" !!

sounds more like end of barrel than inability to keep beer... if the beer were ill-kept, both pints would be like the second you describe, that degree of change in (i assume) a relatively short time is almost certainly end of barrel - if it were that bad I'd be inclined to ask for it to be exchanged

sounds more like end of barrel than inability to keep beer... if the beer were ill-kept, both pints would be like the second you describe, that degree of change in (i assume) a relatively short time is almost certainly end of barrel - if it were that bad I'd be inclined to ask for it to be exchanged

I have been in the trade, "The bottom of the barrel" was not the issue, the second was a badly poored pint by a second member of staff.

No i did not complain, we voted with our feet.

Always enjoyed The Royal in Woodhouse, one of my favourites.

What gives you the right to call people low lifes? Are you some super human who is greater than every one esle?:loopy:

Are you denying that low-lifes exist by any chance?

I think it's fine to categorise people because how you categorise them depends on what your own reference points are.