Supporting local businesses - clamping threat

I just wondered if anyone had actually been clamped in the carpark on Barber Road that belongs to PA Jewellery. Particularly out of hours when there's no trade.

I am all for supporting local businesses and made the mistake of parking there before they opened at 8am to buy a paper and a sandwich. I was less than 5 minutes. When I got back to my car I was confronted by a rather arrogant man claiming to be their clamper in a blue transit with no markings on it and a lot of tools in the back of it.

He may well work for them....but he also may not if operating out of hours?

Either way I think i'll shop elsewhere now.

(I should also add that I wouldn't park in the car park if the cobbled area was free and I once parked there, also for less than 5 minutes, a delivery man for the Co-op had left me a nice note saying 'Move your car dumb c***' when there was room to pass! Got to love it.)

Bad parking = supporting local business?

That film trailer, I don't know whether to thinks its great or just plain wrong! You can imagine plenty of people just copying the movie.

I thought it was now illegal to clamp cars on private property.

I thought it was now illegal to clamp cars on private property.

Not quite

It comes in to force in October

OK - I knew there was something in some new legislation.

Seems a bit childish of PAJ if they operate clamping on that site, there's plenty of room.

I just wondered if anyone had actually been clamped in the carpark on Barber Road that belongs to PA Jewellery. Particularly out of hours when there's no trade.

I am all for supporting local businesses and made the mistake of parking there before they opened at 8am to buy a paper and a sandwich. I was less than 5 minutes. When I got back to my car I was confronted by a rather arrogant man claiming to be their clamper in a blue transit with no markings on it and a lot of tools in the back of it.

(I should also add that I wouldn't park in the car park if the cobbled area was free and I once parked there, also for less than 5 minutes, a delivery man for the Co-op had left me a nice note saying 'Move your car dumb c***' when there was room to pass! Got to love it.)

so you think its your birthright to park on someones private land

I think a bit of common sense is called for. Parking on someone else's drive is wrong, but does it do any harm to park for a few minutes on a carpark Where there's plenty of room? Obviously parking there all day would be a different matter.

I'd quite happily park on Wickes' carpark whilst I deliver my tax return to the tax office, it doesn't do any harm. If Wickes objected then I'd shop at B&Q.

I think a bit of common sense is called for. Parking on someone else's drive is wrong, but does it do any harm to park for a few minutes on a carpark Where there's plenty of room? Obviously parking there all day would be a different matter.

I'd quite happily park on Wickes' carpark whilst I deliver my tax return to the tax office, it doesn't do any harm. If Wickes objected then I'd shop at B&Q.

I can assure you wickes and b&q would object if you parked in their car parks

and went elswhere.

as for the threat of taking your business elsewhere you have no way of proving your loyalty to any retailer

....... you have no way of proving your loyalty to any retailer

Apart from all the receipts I put through my business.

Please don't confuse conjecture with facts.

Were you actually clamped?

Were there any notices informing you of clamping being in operation.

Did the clamper have SIA identification?

jb

Were you actually clamped?

Were there any notices informing you of clamping being in operation.

Did the clamper have SIA identification?

jb

As above,should have asked to look at his badge.