Sheftival Festival - 4th/5th August 2012

You can stop the bickering and name calling please.

What a stupid statement. It was absolutely excellent value for money.why did you waste your time going down , when you must have known beforehand which bands were on and the £12 admission price.

I think the organisers deserve a big pat on their back, superbly organised, great facilities, plenty of bars and food outlets. There was quite a diverse range of music, a bit for most tastes.

Toots are playing next week and it's £22 just to see them alone !

tight bugger hey so why was it not busy so any people turned away because of the price so 12 quid is a good price beer at 3.50 a pop fair rides and other things its a utter rip off as was mayfest when that was around

Of course it's a stupid statement. If you know the lineup and think its second rate, and you also know it costs £12 to get in . Why go there ! and then come on here and moan.

Surely you'd think ; 'I won't bother with this festival its not my type of bands' and not go in the first place !

hold on its ok for you to call me tight you dont know me so cant say nothing . lets face it id like to see the numbers that went tramlines was heaving why ? because its free and gives a great vibe to the city events like this dont why because of the price to get in . the event wasnt well organised because i saw so many people asking what was free blocking the fair off for festival goers also a mistake as people were complaining about not been able to go to the fair .

Went to see batman at the cinema instead.

as he got a job yet or his he still trying to get on as a special?

great day out yesterday,jungle lion were brilliant asusual,also selecter and toots were very good too....3.50 pint was a bit steep but aleast the price kept me sober enough to enjoy the music :cool::cool::cool:
Also enjoyed Macka B, which worked out at £3 a band for me. Can't complain at that.

Went down yesterday and really enjoyed it. Wished I had gone on Saturday too. Think it will just get bigger every year just like tramlines. What I did like, was the fact that there wernt any drunken teenages passing out all over the place. That's what put me off tramlines this year. Great family day out xxx

I really enjoyed it - it had teething problems, but that's to be expected as it's the first time they ran it. If they're to do it again, though, a fortnight after Tramlines is too fast - that's two festivals on one pay packet. Not good. I thought the price was very reasonable though. Saturday was better than Sunday - better atmosphere (and weather) and more people. Sunday also went on too long - the Lightning Seeds did a great set but it was a shame that they didn't come on until 9 when most people had gone (and it was raining a lot) - the main stages at Tramlines were both finished well before 9 on the Sunday - people do have to work on Mondays...

I think £12 per day was probably slightly pushing it for the line-up. However, there were loads of other things to do there. Admitedly, you could have done most of them for free, but they probably wouldn't be there if not for the Sheftival.

I do think its far too close to Tramlines. There were a lot of good local bands playing on the smaller stages, but you could haver seen them at Tramlines for free. If it was say around mid to late May, then that would be better.

I thought the beer and food was a bit on the steep side, but I guess that's a festival for you.

I thought it was brilliant

I think the £12 wasnt too bad a price for the bands that were on. Enough acts of note to make it worthwhile, but not too big that meant price was much higher.

However, it was the sports side of things I loved the most, although this is from my perspective as a parent (probably wouldnt have been so bothered had I been childless). Having all the different sports for my daughter to try out was brilliant and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think this festival is fantastic for families (even if you didnt want to go to the music you were able to access the stadium and EIS to try out the sports for free)

Food and drink prices were exactly what you would expect at any outdoor event (actually thought some stalls were lower in price than a lot of the other festivals I had been too)

Would definitaly do it again next year

hold on its ok for you to call me tight you dont know me so cant say nothing . lets face it id like to see the numbers that went tramlines was heaving why ? because its free and gives a great vibe to the city events like this dont why because of the price to get in.

Yeah, couldn't agree more. £12 for a whole day of bands and entertainment, I ask you. It's just like when I went to the cinema after Tramlines and they expected me to pay to get in - outrageous. Then afterwards, when I went to MacDonalds, I was astounded when they wanted some money for my Big Mac - they'd have a lot more people in there if they just gave away the food for nothing. They should just get volunteers to work in there and do that I reckon.

Yeah, couldn't agree more. £12 for a whole day of bands and entertainment, I ask you. It's just like when I went to the cinema after Tramlines and they expected me to pay to get in - outrageous. Then afterwards, when I went to MacDonalds, I was astounded when they wanted some money for my Big Mac - they'd have a lot more people in there if they just gave away the food for nothing. They should just get volunteers to work in there and do that I reckon.

It wasnt entertaining for the 2hrs i was there, see previous post, it was rubbish and on the bowl (the area where you had to pay £12 to get in) it was virtually empty with people coming out saying how pants it was! I can only assume it was better at night, perhaps after 7ish. But there was no vibe, atmosphere or anything.

It wasnt entertaining for the 2hrs i was there, see previous post, it was rubbish and on the bowl (the area where you had to pay £12 to get in) it was virtually empty with people coming out saying how pants it was! I can only assume it was better at night, perhaps after 7ish. But there was no vibe, atmosphere or anything.

our lot went in just before the main bands came on .....we saved money by drinking in the local bars...decent drinks in glass pint pots at a proper price.....then we got jungle lion,selecter and toots for 12 quid...best 12 quid you'll ever spend gig wise :)