Are there any companies who will pickup any eBay item?

I'd recommend listing the job on http://www.anyvan.com - potential couriers will bid against each other for the job and you should end up with a nice low price - I recently had two car seats delivered from the South West to Sheffield for £45. That wasn't even the lowest bid either, they work on a feedback system so I chose a driver that loads of people had recommended.

If someone happens to be going that way and the telly is packaged up I expect you could get it delivered for £20 or so.

Try....MYHERMES...

Dont know much about collection, but delivery wise they are at least 65% cheaper than royal mail.

I wouldnt recommend these a friend switched to them when Royal Mail hiked up their prices up recently and upon delivery of a box the drive DROPPED it right in front of the recipient. The items in the box broke and MyHermes wont pay out as it was breakable even though the recipient saw the driver DROP the box.

AVOID MYHERMES, sometimes its better to pay more and things get there!

I wouldnt recommend these a friend switched to them when Royal Mail hiked up their prices up recently and upon delivery of a box the drive DROPPED it right in front of the recipient. The items in the box broke and MyHermes wont pay out as it was breakable even though the recipient saw the driver DROP the box.

AVOID MYHERMES, sometimes its better to pay more and things get there!

Agree, plus I have found them to be extremely slow and have rubbish tracking.

The problem will be either getting a company to accept none boxed items and if they won't will be getting the seller to box it for you.

I certainly wouldn't (why would he risk amaging it or being blamed for not boxing it securely), hence why the item was collection only.

I sold a TV on ebay as collection only, but the buyer wanted it delivered. Fortunately I was able to find a large box and some packing material at work and send it via UPS.

I was slightly worried about it arriving in one piece, however the buyer left me feedback saying it arrived safely the next day, even remarked how well packaged it was :)

Agree, plus I have found them to be extremely slow and have rubbish tracking.

I've found them to be acceptable for the economy price and better than some other more "well known" couriers, however how good or bad the MyHermes service may be, is an irrelevance as they would not carry a parcel of the size being discussed.