Is this list of key Sheffield "Districts" correct?

Redmires and Mayfield Valley perhaps?

Redmires and Mayfield Valley perhaps?

Good call - I'm surprised that they were not on initially. I'll update my master list (not the one on here). Cheers again to all responses. -John.

Banner Cross?

High Storrs?

Hunter's Bar?

Banner Cross?

High Storrs?

Hunter's Bar?

I've lived in all 3! How could I forget those?!

How do places like Aston, Aughton and Swallownest fit in?

Every geographical indentfier says we're part of Sheffield (Area code, post codes etc) but strangely we come under Rotherham for council.

How does that work ?

Nether Green seems to be missing.

Can you believe Wikipedia though? Not noted for it's accuracy is it?

Noted for its accuracy, no; but being accurate, it's very reliable indeed. More so than most printed material.

Every geographical indentfier says we're part of Sheffield (Area code, post codes etc) but strangely we come under Rotherham for council.

How does that work ?

That works because area codes and post codes do not identify geographical location. They are designed solely for the benefit of the companies who designed them, not for anyone else.

Colley comes under Parson Cross and I would question Kelham Island which would come under Neepsend..

Colley comes under Parson Cross and I would question Kelham Island which would come under Neepsend..

I think what the OP wants is a list of all the areas that people might use to refer to where they live, rather than an official list of districts.

Would people specify "I'm from Colley?" I don't know. I have seen references to Kelham Island, as an area, on this forum, so I think that warrants a place in a list of his type.

How does that work ?

You're in Rotherham, simple as that.

The postcode area codes refer to the sorting office which covers that area; similarly, phone dialling codes refer to which exchange you're attached to. Sometimes they match the district you live in, sometimes they don't; for example in bits of Manchester people might have an SK postcode (Stockport sorting office) or WA (Warrington), even outside those towns. Doesn't mean you live in Stockport, that's just where your post is sorted.