Why Wednesday are the biggest team in Sheffield

30k for a 3rd tier play-off is more than acceptable, and if you dont think so, i question your knowledge of football and current affairs.

Maybe Wednesday would have took 60-70k eh ?

60k 70k proberly not 41k most definetly yes.

So current league position doesn't count for anything now like what some people are saying.

Which is it, you can't have it all ways.

Wednesday come out on top on both counts.

This is where the opening thread is flawed.

Wednesday are a division higher nothing more nothing less.

I could say which Sheffield side last had a team in a cup final.

If as suspected a few more young players play first team football for United next season then we could have more internationals in our side so does that make us bigger?

Well at least some blades do admit there is truth in the original thread,and yes m8 united are your club in sickness and in health thats the way its got to be,nobody will knock you for that.

I never said there was any untruths in the op.

I said facts were cherry picked to suit.

60k 70k proberly not 41k most definetly yes.

It was a lot cheaper at Cardiff than at Wembley you know... i've no problem with how many of our lot went to Wembley - the atmosphere from the United fans was fantastic (especially given our finals record, and that inevitability that we'd find yet another way to lose), all you could hear from Huddersfield were those annoying clacker things both clubs had in the last final - makes it sound like a schoolboy international!

As for the article in the OP, it was the way the author had cherry-picked out moments to big up the owls and then to denigrate the blades, but only picking out things to suit their agenda.

Anyway this thread's heading round in circles, so i'll bow out :)

Wednesday have always been the biggest team in Sheffield.

However, United in recent years have had the opportunity (in my opinion) to overtake them. Which could have turned the tide.

Getting beat against Wigan, and not beating Burnley were two major, major flaws.

United could have pushed on and turned the tide.

This is where the opening thread is flawed.

Wednesday are a division higher nothing more nothing less.

I could say which Sheffield side last had a team in a cup final.

If as suspected a few more young players play first team football for United next season then we could have more internationals in our side so does that make us bigger?

Well the answer to that is Wednesday.

As for the last part of your post.......:huh:

I never said there was any untruths in the op.

I said facts were cherry picked to suit.

So regarding last season,what facts did he miss out[if you think they were cherry picked]

It was a lot cheaper at Cardiff than at Wembley you know... i've no problem with how many of our lot went to Wembley - the atmosphere from the United fans was fantastic (especially given our finals record, and that inevitability that we'd find yet another way to lose), all you could hear from Huddersfield were those annoying clacker things both clubs had in the last final - makes it sound like a schoolboy international!

As for the article in the OP, it was the way the author had cherry-picked out moments to big up the owls and then to denigrate the blades, but only picking out things to suit their agenda.

The author picked 2 'must win' games for Owls and Blades (Wycombe & Stevenage) in my opinion this was the fairest comparison he could have picked!

Really when was that?

Are you forgetting our youth side got to a final not so long ago.

If any Wednesday side got to a final last year I will stand corrected:)

Well the answer to that is Wednesday.

As for the last part of your post.......:huh:

I'm glad it wasnt only me :hihi:

That started as soon as someone questioned the op.