Chantry Woodseats..

Can we start a megathread about this? Name and shame all outlets that have our National Flag wrong? I even spotted a vacuum cleaner in Cole Brothers (sorry John Lewis) that was THE WRONG WAY ROUND! You would think they would know better!:rant: Maybe we can get them all changed!

Haha good idea, bet there will be quite a few pubs who will be flying our flag wrongly.

'Don't wear sandals squire, just handmade quality brogues! by the way, the stereotype you suggest is straight out of The Sun, circa 1980.

You started the stereotyping pal, get over it and move on, no one asks you to read certain newspapers the choice is yours, just as it is to go in a certain pub, to be patriotic or comment on a thread :roll:

Can we start a megathread about this? Name and shame all outlets that have our National Flag wrong? I even spotted a vacuum cleaner in Cole Brothers (sorry John Lewis) that was THE WRONG WAY ROUND! You would think they would know better!:rant: Maybe we can get them all changed!

You have to turn it upside down to get cobwebs off the ceiling and the picture rail.

"Poor show" at the Chantry!! Come on, be it the right way round or not, I've never seen a flag so big! I thought it was a bedcover!

Its nice to see someone even bothering,I haven't heard of anything happening in Sheffield ( if I'm wrong please let me know whats happenning and where ) Anyway good on you all at the Chantry,it makes me feel proud anyway..A

You are missing something, it can be upside down, when flipped (not when rotated) but again, you can only tell, when it's flown from a pole. BrisihProud's avatar is the right way up IF - as is customary - you assume the pole's on the left (so the thick white stripe is uppermost nearest the pole). However if the wind's changed and the pole's on the right, then that means it's upside down.

I haven't seen the flag on the chantry, so can't comment on that, is it flying from a pole or painted on the building?

Ahh now i get it,thanks for that :thumbsup:

I think it depends whereabouts you are with these things.

Not long after the Royal Wedding I visited a friend who runs a pub in a very posh seaside town down South. He was genuinely shocked that there weren't any street parties round where I live & of course his pub had been heavily involved with celebrations in his town.

You mean Margate? :hihi:

yes i agree, boooo you chantry for showing some patriotism.

come on people, it may be upside down or inside out but jeeeze, i dont think it will be mistaken for another flag. good on the guys there for all that they do charity wise and bringing a proper pub back to the community

The Chantry, to me has always seemed like a public house version of The Sun newspaper, they seem to promote the same values (dumb, servile patriotism) to sell their product.

Oddly I am a vehement hater of The Sun but feel more than happy going to The Chantry and have never noticed much of the traits you describe:huh: