What did you think of Chao baby

Been to Chao baby at meadowhall and can't believe they can get away with those prices. The plates were tiny so had to go up to buffet several times. Strangely everyone in our party were full after a very small portion and felt full and bloated for the rest of the day. The food tasted ok but nothing special. Can get better on London road for half the price.

Anyone else been there? Are they packing everything with msg?

There's already a thread started on this place but never mind!

Anyway, I thought it was nice and better quality food than the buffet places I have been too.

There's already a thread started on this place but never mind!

Anyway, I thought it was nice and better quality food than the buffet places I have been too.

It didn't come up on the search

I think it's very pricey as well Emma - and I don't normally let price influence me because I always am prepared to pay for quality. However, with 2 kids being charged...(can't remember now tbh - but I know it was surprisingly expensive for them) it seemed a bit steep at the time.

I thought they offered a good range of food on the buffet tbh. I'm not sure what the sunday roast type joint was all about - maybe that's there to provide something for those who aren't keen on their Thai food - but overall I enjoyed it and thought it was good if not outstanding. But we haven't been back simply because it's a major outlay when you've got young kids who just can't do those prices justice.

In terms of quality - it's ok - middle of the road really. Nothing in this city that I've tried so far can compete with All Siam on Ecclesall Road. That's also extremely pricey too but worth it if you really do like top quality Thai food.

Agree, This place was really pricey. The quality is above average for a buffet and i would only go on a special occasion. As the choice was limited nothing to shout about.

For the price you get 10 good quality dishes rather than 60 crap dishes that you get at most all you can eats.

Lonjdon ROad has very poor Thai places compaered to this place. Baan Thai on LOndon ROad is good but this Chaobaby is better for quality.

Perhaps you went on a bad day!

I tried it in January and thought it was good quakity for proce.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 14:43 ----------

There are no top quality that resurants in Sheffield they are all bog stabndard all siam is poor. Go to Manchester and Leeds for propre thai. Infact CHaoporaya sister company of chaobnaby serves hugh quality thai food. Some of you need your palettes testing!

It's ok, not amazing, and probably not really worth the price.

For the price you get 10 good quality dishes rather than 60 crap dishes that you get at most all you can eats.

Lonjdon ROad has very poor Thai places compaered to this place. Baan Thai on LOndon ROad is good but this Chaobaby is better for quality.

There are no top quality that resurants in Sheffield they are all bog stabndard all siam is poor. Go to Manchester and Leeds for propre thai. Infact CHaoporaya sister company of chaobnaby serves hugh quality thai food. Some of you need your palettes testing!

The best Thai meal I've ever had was from Chaoporaya in Manchester. Amazing food, amazing cocktails and such a beautifully decorated place.

If you really love thai food you must give Thai at the travellers in Holmesfield a try!

It's a bit out of the way but we have tried loads of places and none have beat it yet!

I have to say I really enjoyed food there, i don't think it's pricey at all, and even if it is more expensive than other buffets, food is so much tastier and the place is clean and lovely (no yucky tables or cutlery like others)

I know Chaopraya in Leeds very well. I've been there regularly and I agree with you it's very good. I had no idea it had anything at all to do with Chao Baby - which is a national chain restaurant. Are you sure about that?

I gather Baan Thai and All Siam are owned by the same people. At least they were. All Siam is the best I've had in Sheffield and I would rate it alongside Chaopraya in Leeds - but it's about a year since i went to either, things may have changed.

My only gripe with Chao Baby in Meadowhall is that it is ridiculously expensive for kids. A child stops being a child at 8 years old according to them and therefore anyone 8 and over has to pay full adult price. My kids love spicy Thai, Chinese, Indian, whatever. But they can't eat adult portions so this isn't value for money for us.

I know Chaopraya in Leeds very well. I've been there regularly and I agree with you it's very good. I had no idea it had anything at all to do with Chao Baby - which is a national chain restaurant. Are you sure about that?

I gather Baan Thai and All Siam are owned by the same people. At least they were. All Siam is the best I've had in Sheffield and I would rate it alongside Chaopraya in Leeds - but it's about a year since i went to either, things may have changed.

My only gripe with Chao Baby in Meadowhall is that it is ridiculously expensive for kids. A child stops being a child at 8 years old according to them and therefore anyone 8 and over has to pay full adult price. My kids love spicy Thai, Chinese, Indian, whatever. But they can't eat adult portions so this isn't value for money for us.

They are definately the same, just different clientele in mind :)