Usain Bolt and his white girlfriend.

Well that isn't the impression I got, by the way don't you think it's ironic making your statement when the OP is attempting to do the same about 'Jamaican women'?

I've yet to see you leap to the defence of 'Jamaican women'.

Jamaican women are no more and no less racist than anyone else. All this power rubbish, to be able to be racist.Is yet another attempt at insisting only whites can be racist.

I think the women who responded to the original article 'What should Usain Bolt buy his girlfriend for her birthday?' with the comments that were then pounced on by the DM were motivated more by jealousy and stupidity than racism. Their knowledge of how success changes opportunities is probably very limited. The article is a few weeks old, but for some reason the DM felt it newsworthy. :roll:

IMO these women are really saying, 'why can't the hugely rich and successful Usain Bolt choose me as his girlfriend?'. If I suggested that hugely rich and successful elderly men who have young and beautiful girlfriends should pick partners of pensionable age - would that make me ageist?

Jamaican women are no more and no less racist than anyone else. All this power rubbish, to be able to be racist.Is yet another attempt at insisting only whites can be racist.

I think the point other posters are making is that your average Jamaican woman has little influence so the 'racist' comments in this instance although unnecessary and offensive are fairly innocuous. Had some loose tongued Jamaican woman put Bolt's girlfriend up against a wall and berated her then obviously that's a different situation all together.

If the Daily Mail wanted a compelling story they should have visited the white nationalist website Stormfront, where Ms Slovak is variously described as a 'race mixing whore' and a 'race traitor', comments like that make 'snowbunny' appear positively benign.

Ps: This also from a poster on Stormfront:

"I don't know how they can stand being sexual with them, personally I've always found the idea completely disgusting and offputting"

"them" being blacks.

Edited by boyfriday

I think the women who responded to the original article 'What should Usain Bolt buy his girlfriend for her birthday?' with the comments that were then pounced on by the DM were motivated more by jealousy and stupidity than racism. Their knowledge of how success changes opportunities is probably very limited. The article is a few weeks old, but for some reason the DM felt it newsworthy. :roll:

IMO these women are really saying, 'why can't the hugely rich and successful Usain Bolt choose me as his girlfriend?'. If I suggested that hugely rich and successful elderly men who have young and beautiful girlfriends should pick partners of pensionable age - would that make me ageist?

Spot on.

Remember all the controversy when Naiomi Cambell was referred to as a "chocolate soldier" by that lawyer or whoever it was?

I think the point other posters are making is that your average Jamaican woman has little influence so the 'racist' comments in this instance although unnecessary and offensive are fairly innocuous. Had some loose tongued Jamaican woman put Bolt's girlfriend up against a wall and berated her then obviously that's a different situation all together.

If the Daily Mail wanted a compelling story they should have visited the white nationalist website Stormfront, where Ms Slovak is variously described as a 'race mixing whore' and a 'race traitor', comments like that make 'snowbunny' appear positively benign.

Ps: This also from a poster on Stormfront:

"I don't know how they can stand being sexual with them, personally I've always found the idea completely disgusting and offputting"

"them" being blacks.

What do you expect from stormfront? Nothing new in that. The actual problem is that every race has its racists. Until thats accepted we as the human race will never make progress on racism.

Remember all the controversy when Naiomi Cambell was referred to as a "chocolate soldier" by that lawyer or whoever it was?

No, some of us have lives. Remind us in depth please.

Second thoughts don't, it has probably nothing to do with the thread.

The comments were racist but tbh if they were made on an online forum a bit like SF I don't even see why the DM deemed it worthy of print. Online gossip and bitching, that's all it is. Happens in every walk of life. I'm sure Usain and his partner will get over it.

What do you expect from stormfront? Nothing new in that. The actual problem is that every race has its racists. Until thats accepted we as the human race will never make progress on racism.

Well you're preaching to the converted with regards to that sentiment and you won't find many people, black or white who believe otherwise..

But it's interesting that you ask what I expect from Stormfront, and you're probably right their reaction could have been predicted..but I'm guessing it's whites here who are highlighting the Jamaican women to prove something the rest of us already know...there are racists of every racial persuasion.

Who created the 'controversy'? Black women or the media, which very few blacks have any control over?

Why anyone should be offended by being called a snow bunny is beyond me.

So should anyone be offended by being called jungle bunny :huh:

So should anyone be offended by being called jungle bunny :huh:

I think the $100 question is, would Usain Bolt being described on a community forum as a 'jungle bunny' make headlines in a national newspaper?