Motivation and concentration

Does anyone have any idea how to improve your motivation and concentration levels ?

I have always had poor concentration but never been arsed to change that;) Joking aside I am being serious both of them are really low at the moment, I have been suffering with anxiety and depression for a few years which doesn't help and I am also out of work (which is driving me nuts) I used to run my own business so needed a fair amount for that but even then it wasn't great, since then though it seems to have nose dived, whenever I try and do something my mind wanders or I end up getting bored and doing something else, or just pottering about online etc wasting time, doing nothing and putting stuff off till ''tomorrow'' aka never

Kind of feel like I have so much I need to sort out that I don't know where to start so end up doing so all half of the time, Any ideas on how to give myself a massive kick up the arse and sort myself out?

Will reply as soon as someone has some advice, or maybe next week when I have finished doing some vital procrastination :D

Cheers

Write whatever it is you want to do in big bold letters on a piece of paper.

Stick it to your bedroom door.First thing in the morning stare at it,and read it out loud several times.Leave the bedroom and do it.

Works for me...

Does anyone have any idea how to improve your motivation and concentration levels ?

I have always had poor concentration but never been arsed to change that;) Joking aside I am being serious both of them are really low at the moment, I have been suffering with anxiety and depression for a few years which doesn't help and I am also out of work (which is driving me nuts) I used to run my own business so needed a fair amount for that but even then it wasn't great, since then though it seems to have nose dived, whenever I try and do something my mind wanders or I end up getting bored and doing something else, or just pottering about online etc wasting time, doing nothing and putting stuff off till ''tomorrow'' aka never

Kind of feel like I have so much I need to sort out that I don't know where to start so end up doing so all half of the time, Any ideas on how to give myself a massive kick up the arse and sort myself out?

Will reply as soon as someone has some advice, or maybe next week when I have finished doing some vital procrastination :D

Cheers

Have you ever thought about meditation? Just look at this "I need motivation site" and read the benifits.

http://www.ineedmotivation.com/blog/2008/05/100-benefits-of-meditation/

Have you had a look at Pattricia's meditation thread.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=944469&page=21

It really helps improve concentration.Anyway what ever you decide i hope you feel much better soon.:)

The Government has been spraying us with chemicals from planes in order to slow our brains down to affect our concentration in the run up to the elections, so that we forget that they are just a set of gits.

I have not been effected but know that look at that flower in my front garden, I never noticed that before.

for motivation I'd recommend exercise. Have suffered from depression/anxiety myself and its something I'm always aware of. When I have a drop in mood exercise always helps - needn't cost you anything.

for concentration yoga - its amazing how much you have to concentrate on the poses and is good for the body as well :thumbsup: