Gary Megson The forgotten man ?

Seems to me to be the forgotten man,

Surely he should get a good slice of credit for where we are and the team that's out there playing,

Mandrick were having a dig the other night in the Star, Never heard Dave Jones say anything complimentary about him,

He brought in a lot of players from the same league and lower and turned them into a top team, and it's still his team, with the exception of Treacy and the lone Ranger

We were never the hoof ball team the other lot would want you to believe,

Also spotted good loan players, Marshall, Antonio,

Dave Jones keeps saying he's the builder, Megson built this team and he's the maintenance man ?

There's more to being a good manager than buying the right players. Tactics, inspiration, motivation, blending. Are all as important. DJ seems to have got all those qualities. When he brings his own players in we'll be able to judge him more. I don't think Megson, or even Sir Alex would have had the success DJ has had so far. He's been very very good.

Megson deserves some credit for this season no doubt ,apart from its more or less his team,the fitness levels have helped us big time and thats down to megson.

Megson deserves some credit for this season no doubt ,apart from its more or less his team,the fitness levels have helped us big time and thats down to megson.

I agree that Megson deserves some of the credit for our position, but I got the feeling that under him we were getting a bit one dimensional, and that some teams had sussed us out. I confess that I thought a manager change at that point was a bad move, glad to have been proved wrong. I just hope that GM is happy for us and pleased that he helped us to get here.

To be fair Megson's hands were tied with who he could bring in.

He obviously wanted Milan to break the bank to get Marshall as he knew that he was our main source of supply for Madine etc, and when he left i think the rot set in between him and MM.

It's no secret that without BM we struggled, and Megson had to change the shape accordingly with inferior players...you can't polish a turd!

As soon as Megson got the chance to sign quality he went for Antonio, and what a signing he's been!

DJ has been a very lucky fella in my opinion, i obviously can't fault him as he's not yet lost a game, and we'll never know if we'd have been on the same run with GM in charge.

The Antonio factor, the win against Sheff Utd and the passion it stirred are the main reasons we are where we are, and not the incoming of Dave Jones.

To be fair Megson's hands were tied with who he could bring in.

He obviously wanted Milan to break the bank to get Marshall as he knew that he was our main source of supply for Madine etc, and when he left i think the rot set in between him and MM.

It's no secret that without BM we struggled, and Megson had to change the shape accordingly with inferior players...you can't polish a turd!

As soon as Megson got the chance to sign quality he went for Antonio, and what a signing he's been!

DJ has been a very lucky fella in my opinion, i obviously can't fault him as he's not yet lost a game, and we'll never know if we'd have been on the same run with GM in charge.

The Antonio factor, the win against Sheff Utd and the passion it stirred are the main reasons we are where we are, and not the incoming of Dave Jones.

It seems GM and MM fell out before the season even began over the failure to sign Le Fondre.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-21935-0-13733400-1409922304.jpg

Edited by Jim Hardie

Forgotten man?

Not in my book.

I reckon Wednesday's present League position is down, in a large part, to Megson, his training methods, his fitness levels, and most of his signings.

We'll never know what he would have achieved at Hillsborough, but what he did in his short time there, he did very, very well.

Jones has done extremely well with Meggo's players, without changing a great deal. The will to win, and the fighting spirit have been there all season, but DJ has maybe honed them a tad over the last few weeks.

I reckon Ranger has been my biggest disappointment over the run in, and he's nowt to do with Meggo.

Thanks Gary (if you happen to read all this garbage and nausea). You did a fine job, and you don't owe Wednesday a bean.

A short interview with Gary from 1984 on

From 07:20.

If you're into nostalgia all three parts are worth watching. There are interviews from the same year with Howard Wilkinson, Jack Charlton, Bert McGhee, Peter Eustace, Martin Hodge, Laurie Madden, Ian Bailey, Richard Caborn, Joe Ashton and David Blunkett

Guest sibon

For me, the biggest difference this year is the attitude of the players. I'm not a statto, but I'll bet that we've won more points than most after going behind. We don't ever seem to give up.

I think that is down to Megson. He actively sought out big, powerful, fairly skillful players, but he also looked for mental strength. That is paying dividends now.

Jones has certainly improved the team tactically, but he's got pretty good material to work with, thanks to Megson.

I think he's the main factor in Wednesday's revival,

We were going nowhere under Irvine,

It's not like he had a bigger budget than anyone before him,

I just don't get the impression most other people now give a toss, and I for one think Dave Jones has walked into one of the easier jobs in football management, and not many others see this

I think he's the main factor in Wednesday's revival,

We were going nowhere under Irvine,

It's not like he had a bigger budget than anyone before him,

I just don't get the impression most other people now give a toss, and I for one think Dave Jones has walked into one of the easier jobs in football management, and not many others see this

I do, and DJ will probably admit that he's been a very lucky fella!