Why is Sheffield ignored?

Whenever Look North is on, the main focus seems to be Leeds. National news barely mentions Sheffield. HS2 doesn't even go to Sheffield, or anywhere in South Yorkshire. And the government always seems to throw money at London & Manchester, which really don't need it - they've had enough help and redevelopment but continue to have millions thrown at them! We have no major motorways that run through the city, being linked to the M1 by a two lane parkway, which is pathetic for a city of 550,000 with more who come in to work, no wonder it's a nightmare half the time.. Hell, we're not even on the weather maps!

Why does everyone seem to turn a blind eye to us? Sheffield is one of the biggest cities in the UK but it's just largely ignored, at least that's how I feel. Or is it just insanely boring, so no one bothers with us? What do you think?

Us Sheffielders with our crappy relish and absurd cooling towers seem to think the world should revolve around us.

They don't like to reveal our position in the UK. It's in case our enemies nuke us,and Sheff is the jewel in the governments crown..

HONESTLY!

Liebore and wasted money.

Us Sheffielders with our crappy relish and absurd cooling towers seem to think the world should revolve around us.

What cooling towers even they have been pulled down

Whenever Look North is on, the main focus seems to be Leeds. National news barely mentions Sheffield. HS2 doesn't even go to Sheffield, or anywhere in South Yorkshire. And the government always seems to throw money at London & Manchester, which really don't need it - they've had enough help and redevelopment but continue to have millions thrown at them! We have no major motorways that run through the city, being linked to the M1 by a two lane parkway, which is pathetic for a city of 550,000 with more who come in to work, no wonder it's a nightmare half the time.. Hell, we're not even on the weather maps!

Why does everyone seem to turn a blind eye to us? Sheffield is one of the biggest cities in the UK but it's just largely ignored, at least that's how I feel. Or is it just insanely boring, so no one bothers with us? What do you think?

Britains best kept secret!;)

If your aerial is pointing towards Emily Moor that is all you get if your aerial is pointing towards the Sheffield crosspool mast we do get a bit of a local mention,I think Leeds are jealous of us as our city is better and nicer than their rubbish little place and crap football team:D

Edited by Shogun

Perhaps a better question would be what does sheffield do to get noticed?

If your aerial is pointing towards Emily Moor that is all you get if your aerial is pointing towards the Sheffield crosspool mast we do get a bit of a local mention,I think Leeds are jellos of us as our city is better and nicer than there rubbish little place and crap football team:D

Hopefully the education standards in Leeds are higher than yours and I think Leeds United are in a higher division than both Sheffield clubs.

Hopefully the education standards in Leeds are higher than yours and I think Leeds United are in a higher division than both Sheffield clubs.

Not for long Baaaaaaarnsley boy!;)

they are not doing as good at the moment and both our teams look like they will be in the same division next year and then you will see who they will talk about the most and they will probably start talking about their local rugby teams all the time.

If your aerial is pointing towards Emily Moor that is all you get if your aerial is pointing towards the Sheffield crosspool mast we do get a bit of a local mention,I think Leeds are jellos of us as our city is better and nicer than there rubbish little place and crap football team:D

Emley Moor and Crosspool transmitters broadcast exactly the same versions of Look North. There is no Sheffield sub-opt in the broadcast chain for that to happen.