Plastering quote

tradesmen shouldn't put there prices on an open forum, by all means go for the job but pm the original poster.

your leaving yourself open to be undercut, your price is your price its between you and the customer. why post the price your just openly auctioning the job off.

tradesmen shouldn't put there prices on an open forum, by all means go for the job but pm the original poster.

your leaving yourself open to be undercut, your price is your price its between you and the customer. why post the price your just openly auctioning the job off.

i thinck you are right point taken :rolleyes:

Don't just skim over if u plan to live there more than a year, cracks likely to come back.

"I reckon you'll be looking at around £50 plus materials."

wow, that is ridiculously low.

and we wonder why the trade is being dragged through the mud and prices keep on dropping.

£50 isn't low, it's stupid.

Who ever posted this is never going to get any work as no one in their right mind would accept this as a fair price.

i think i lot of you are just greedy

I agree. There should be guidelines on hourly rates for tradespeople - there can be variance due to area and experience but it shouldn't be permissible for someone to charge £300 or more for a days work.

Example: Someone I know recently needed a roof repair - she had quotes up to £700 - the guy who did it sorted it for £80.

Edited by TimmyR

Just wanted to let people know about The Sheffield " Trades Hub "

If you are a highly skilled Trades Person and would like to know more about the Trades Hub and how the Hub can help you get more work

Or

You are looking for a trustworthy reliable Trades Person to under take work for you then The Trades Hub can help

If you are interested then please email me or PM me and I will let you have more details.....Thanks