How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

I bet you think Red Rum is on his own Island, relaxing by the pool, sipping Bollinger, with a string of fillies by his flank, don't you?

Time this was stopped.

What use would a string of fillies be ?

Two dead so far ffs :(

Which is very sad. However one of them had just won the gold cup and a big stack of cash for the owners, which sort of illustrates that even if money is no object if a horse breaks it's leg it's curtains. If they weren't going to save this one (synchronised ?) it can't be done.

Two dead so far ffs :(

I've only heard about 1 so far...

There was drama ahead of the race when last year's winner Synchronised parted company with jockey Tony McCoy on the way to the start. The pair were reunited and started the race but fell at Becher's Brook on the first circuit and the horse suffered a fatal injury.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/17453652

Which is very sad. However one of them had just won the gold cup and a big stack of cash for the owners, which sort of illustrates that even if money is no object if a horse breaks it's leg it's curtains. If they weren't going to save this one (synchronised ?) it can't be done.

I am sat here sobbing....

I thought that i was neither for nor against horse racing but today has put me firmly in the ban the sport brigade :(

According to pete

Wasn't he from Yorkshire?

What a fantastic race! I love this sport, this was a brilliant advert for the second highest spectator sporting event in Britain. Great, loved it.

Oh, yes, two horses died. Sorry about that, it's not nice.

How many cows, sheep, chickens, pigs died to be able for you to have a pleasant day yesterday, today, tomorrow?

Hard to find anything on the news websites! They have all the results about winners and money made, not so interested in the death of the competitors!

What a fantastic race! I love this sport, this was a brilliant advert for the scond highest spectator sporting event in Britain. Great, loved it.

How many cows, sheep, chickens, pigs died to be able for you to have a pleasant day yesterday, today, tomorrow?

Words fail me :(

omg-i have just read a post about a small child getting abused-in the news they are humans-many children suffering but you are greeting(crying) about a flaming animal.get your priorities right, if the horses did not race they would not breed so they would not be born to be "saved"

What a fantastic race! I love this sport, this was a brilliant advert for the second highest spectator sporting event in Britain. Great, loved it.

Do you condone all animal cruelty?