How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

There is no specific number but most recent death was of three horses.The grand National is slowly becoming a blood bath because of its dangerous ground conditions.

Yep, why pay for the medical costs when they can just shoot them?

Convincing a lame horse to lie up for two to three months while its broken leg mends is a non event. The horse will likely do more damage to itself out of frustration or go stir crazy.

Convincing a lame horse to lie up for two to three months while its broken leg mends is a non event. The horse will likely do more damage to itself out of frustration or go stir crazy.

You're telling me we can't deal with that? Horses should have rights too, they are not slaves that we can throw away!

work are doing a sweep stake, ive declined to be included.

i think its disgusting and horrific and turns my stomach. why would anyone want to bet on something knowing that some horses will be shot in the head on the track, whilst the other horses just gallop past them.

it should be banned

Its a disgusting blood sport and needs stopping.

How is it a blood sport ?:huh:

You're telling me we can't deal with that? Horses should have rights too, they are not slaves that we can throw away!

I've made no inference to any of that have I.

From the horse owners point of view it is not an option to have a horse laid up for that amount of time given that the horse would need to be stationary for that length of time. It, unlike many animals will not hobble about on three legs and the chance of causing more damage to itself is very real.

Odd as it seems, destroying it is the kinder thing to do.

I've made no inference to any of that have I.

From the horse owners point of view it is not an option to have a horse laid up for that amount of time given that the horse would need to be stationary for that length of time. It, unlike many animals will not hobble about on three legs and the chance of causing more damage to itself is very real.

Odd as it seems, destroying it is the kinder thing to do.

I've seen horses just use three legs!

It'd surely be kinder not to slaughter them straight away, every time!

There have been under 70 fatalities since 1839,while I agree its far from acceptable its not exactly a bloodbath every year is it.We shall have to wait and see what effect the changes to the fences and to the canal turn has on this years race,hopefully the spectacle of the actual race will be in the news and not fatalities.

I've seen horses just use three legs! /QUOTE]

A horse needs four legs to move around, it's how they are.

Essentially it comes down to money. The horse will not race again and the costs involved in getting it fit to simply trot around are not a consideration.

Essentially it comes down to money. The horse will not race again and the costs involved in getting it fit to simply trot around are not a consideration.

You said it, it's all about money!

You said it, it's all about money!

All sports are about money its hardly a revelation.