Cost of a Registrar

I can't remember in total, there's some prices on the council website for wedding licenses etc, I think. How far ahead is your wedding? We secured the registrar for £20, then once it's a year or less until the big day you can pay the rest.

I can't remember in total, there's some prices on the council website for wedding licenses etc, I think. How far ahead is your wedding? We secured the registrar for £20, then once it's a year or less until the big day you can pay the rest.

Thats right.

The registrar for our wedding cost £460 - saying that, the wedding isnt at the registry office, and its a sunday on a bank holiday weekend.

• 1 month later...

Registrar fee for a Saturday is £305.00 then you have to add cost of giving notice which is £30 per person and the issue of a marriage certificate is £3.50. I obtained that info a few months ago so imagine is still right

we paid about £400 in total to come out to our venue (a two minute walk from the registrar office, they had the good grace to be embarrassed about this at least when telling us the price!) including deposit and a request for two certificates!

They have already told us to get our moneys worth and have a couple of readings!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived