Paypal - please help!

I've just opened a paypal account so I can pay for items on eBay. But when I hit the 'pay now' button, it says 'we were unable to make a transaction'? I've just bought an item with 'Buy now' off eBay and it wont look good if I cant pay.

Do i need to add some kinds of funds? as i thought it just did it straight through my bank account.

Please help. :(

I thought it went straight out of your band account. It might have to do with your account being verrified? basically pay pal put in two small amounts of money into your account, i.e. 9p and 12p, you then check your bank statement, enter the amounts you recieved to prove that it is your bank account.

I've just opened a paypal account so I can pay for items on eBay. But when I hit the 'pay now' button, it says 'we were unable to make a transaction'? I've just bought an item with 'Buy now' off eBay and it wont look good if I cant pay.

Do i need to add some kinds of funds? as i thought it just did it straight through my bank account.

Please help. :(

As long as you've filled your bank details in correctly money does just come out of your account, go into/through your Paypal, and then into the Paypal account of the seller.

Add a bank card/ credit card to your payment options & it will take payment straight from that. Otherwise you have to wait till the deposits have been put in & you fill in the verified form on PayPal.

Do they not send an email for you to activate the account?

Yes, add a credit card. Don't use your bank if you can help it, it can get confusing, as it can take up to 10 days for them to actually debit the money. With the card you know its come straight off, and won't go off if you're overdrawn or low n funds. I've had instances where the Paypal payment came out and sent me overdrawn over a week after I'd paid and forgotten about it x

Yes, when I opened mine I added a card & paid straight away, didn't activate it till later that day when I looked at me emails.