Sheffield Local Elections 2012

Sheffield Local Elections 2012 : who will you vote for?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Sheffield Local Elections 2012 : who will you vote for?

• Lib Dems
    • Labour
    • Green Party
    • Tory
    • UKIP
    • English Democrats
    • Independent

In a last minute 'Who should I vote for and why?' though I pop on line and Google to see if I can find a breakdown of who's running and what they stand for and I find nothing.

Anyone got any pointers to on line resources that would give me this info?

Labour have treated their Sheffield electorate diabolically. Their website is a joke and the fact they didnt put up a manifesto sits poorly with me.

Maybe its time we gathered a few people together and tried to find a consensus of what we want from our council and put ourselves up next time. I cant see too many other options now. Education has to be a priority for me and the state of our city centre.

Labour don't need a manifesto. The drones will turn out for them anyway. That's the benefit of keeping people poor, ignorant and reliant on handouts. THAT is Labour's real agenda but it doesn't look too good on paper so they don't write it down (assuming they can write).

Labour don't need a manifesto. The drones will turn out for them anyway. That's the benefit of keeping people poor, ignorant and reliant on handouts. THAT is Labour's real agenda but it doesn't look too good on paper so they don't write it down (assuming they can write).

Well said and very true:thumbsup:

not one leaflet from the greens in high green, pathetic.

not one leaflet from the greens in high green, pathetic.

During all the campaign I've had 1 or 2 Green leaflets, 1 Labour and 1 LibDem. The Greens canvassed me and a Green was on the polling station when I voted this morning. The Labour leaflet was a few weeks ago. The LibDem one came this week and was awful. All it banged on about was Labour councillors wasting money on refurbishing some council offices and that was it apart from a photo to save Bole Hill View despite it not being in the ward and with no explanation as to what the threat is. It looked like a primary school kid's project.

It looked like a primary school kid's project.

Maybe it was, and maybe your LDP candidate is the teacher concerned! But I doubt it.

During all the campaign I've had 1 or 2 Green leaflets, 1 Labour and 1 LibDem. The Greens canvassed me and a Green was on the polling station when I voted this morning. The Labour leaflet was a few weeks ago. The LibDem one came this week and was awful. All it banged on about was Labour councillors wasting money on refurbishing some council offices and that was it apart from a photo to save Bole Hill View despite it not being in the ward and with no explanation as to what the threat is. It looked like a primary school kid's project.

NOTHING from Greens, UKiP, Conservatives. I guess they are standing to get free publicity. Labour and Libdems posted one but half of both was national stuff. The other half was about dropping kerbs:suspect: The Independents was local issue based and hit the nail on the head.

It isn't an either/ or scenario. You can have your cake and eat it.

OK, but the cake needs to be fit to eat.

A Green was at the polling station?? what was he/she doing?

twodeno, you're bang on, just like the planet needs to be fit to live on.

In a last minute 'Who should I vote for and why?' though I pop on line and Google to see if I can find a breakdown of who's running and what they stand for and I find nothing.

Anyone got any pointers to on line resources that would give me this info?

This entry at least tells you the names you're going to see on the paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Council_election,_2012

The sites of the parties themselves give a couple of lines here and there about each candidate - the only one I could find nothing on was the Conservative in my area, not even a profile under 'Candidates' on the Sheffield Conservatives website. Not good, even if you've already decided where to hang your wooden spoon ;)

Edited by PandaJuggler

twodeno, you're bang on, just like the planet needs to be fit to live on.

The planet to most is a 1 mile radius around there home, get that sorted and then green issues will become important to the majority.