Tea! Love or hate?

Thanks very much :)!

It seems everyone REALLY likes Yorkshire Tea And I have to agree!

Delicious

Bleugh! I'd rather just have the water than have that thank you.

Darjeeling, Nilgiri, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Oolong, yes.

Yorkshire, Typhoo, PG Tips, no.

This thread's certainly caused a stir!! lol!! :)

Don't spoil the milk!

The RSC issues a stern scientific warning against the practice of adding milk to the tea after. It seems that dribbling a stream of milk into hot water makes "denaturation of milk proteins" more likely. And who would want that?

"At high temperatures, milk proteins - which are normally all curled up foetus-like - begin to unfold and link together in clumps. This is what happens in UHT [ultra heat-treated] milk, and is why it doesn't taste as good a fresh milk," says Dr Stapley.

It is better to have the chilled milk massed at the bottom of the cup, awaiting the stream of hot tea. This allows the milk to cool the tea, rather than the tea ruinously raise the temperature of the milk.

I rest my case... I've also found that tea before milk staines me mugs and I don't want the extra scrubbing hassle. Just a quick rise, then on the draining board, ta.

Thanks very much :)!

It seems everyone REALLY likes Yorkshire Tea And I have to agree!

Delicious

nope, I don't.

Earl Grey is my favourite.

Pollards actually has moved onto eccy rd.

It's a bit old fashioned and boring for me. I order online from Taylor's of Harrogate

Has it? I thought it went bust!

I don't go that way very often so wouldn't have seen it. May have to now though :)

I'm intrigued by Nilgiri now *goes off to investigate*

Mod Note

If you wish to help the OP with their research please contact them via PM or using the details in the first post