Mundella Primary School parents??

I've just been asked by another parent if I have received schools letter RE a paedophile buying a house on my road. Well no, I haven't, and I find it rather difficult to imagine a school sending this information to parents at all, so am wondering if it even got sent out at all. Thanks in advance :)

I've just been asked by another parent if I have received schools letter RE a paedophile buying a house on my road. Well no, I haven't, and I find it rather difficult to imagine a school sending this information to parents at all, so am wondering if it even got sent out at all. Thanks in advance :)

That sounds very weird i dont think the school are allowed to release that kind of information

Doesn't it come under Sarah's Law where parents are informed if such predators are living nearby?

I thought parents could make an enquiry about friends and neighbours to the police if they were worried, and would be given details if they were correct, but I wasn't aware schools could pass out addresses to parents, I may well be wrong.

I thought parents could make an enquiry about friends and neighbours to the police if they were worried, and would be given details if they were correct, but I wasn't aware schools could pass out addresses to parents, I may well be wrong.

That is my understanding too.

• 5 months later...

Well, following this, we had letters from school to tell us the letters were not from them, but a woman at the gates was handing them out. This was followed by a door to door by SY Police to tell us the allegation is false and the man in question is a victim of a vendetta by someone from his past. Heard nothing else, until just now. Postman brought me a latter addressed to 'The occupier' - this was a long letter detaling, again, this man's name, address, and apparent criminal history, including being struck off from teaching after being caught on CCTV abusing his pupils. Anyone else got one? I preaume they've gone to the whole street/area.

Archived