Costa Coffee in Broomhill

Guest sibon
Well, you're trotting out the Planner1 line there alright, but if you're correct why does the article say the opposite?

I am correct. If you want to park for an hour or two, during the day, in Broomhill, it is easy to do. Much easier than before the permits.

As for the owner of Cream, I've no idea why he made that claim. It simply isn't true.

I completely agree! Cream has closed because it was rubbish! It was completely overpriced and didn't deserve the custom it did get! Instead of celebrating the fact that it was an independent it seemed to want to mimic chain coffee shops with its menu decor and impersonal customer service. I think Broomhill getting a costa is a shame and the fact that all the supermarkets seem to want to take over is too as Broomhill has always been a cool area with nice independents! But I suppose a costa will look better than boarded up shops! I just hope all the independent cafes put up a fight for their custom!

On A Roll are coming back? Where and when?

Yes.

Next door towards the University.

Looked as it was as if was just about to open.

(to our cow molly) - I know that it may be frustrating that you have lost a good customer and no, costa probably won't buy your milk since they have to follow the company ordering guidelines. we can however be rest assured that the milk will come from a local dairy, but through a national supplier. Don't worry. your milk is good and your business will continue to grow. I see your vans on the road all the time now.

on this occasion, i fully support costa's move to broomhill. There's a tendancy to assume that they are corporate giants intent on making smaller beverage outlets bust, but they deserve a chance.

underneath it all, it is an independant business since it will be a franchise outlet and we can assume that they will employ anywhere from 10-15 people, so that's good right? of course people will insist on going to remos and they should - they have rightly developed a strong and supportive customer base, but they do have limited space. Provided that remos continue to do an excellent job, this opening shouldn't affect them too much and would probably see this as healthy competition.

I reckon it will be really good and will most definately be giving it a try. I would encourage others to do the same.

Does anyone know if Costa has opened up in Broomhill yet? Last I heard they were taking over the premises of the old Cream Cafe. Thanks.

I reckon it will be really good and will most definately be giving it a try. I would encourage others to do the same.

What are you expecting to see that's different? It'll be like every other Costa coffee place in the UK. I'll stick with Refresh and support local businesses.

Edited by irenewilde

Does anyone know if Costa has opened up in Broomhill yet? Last I heard they were taking over the premises of the old Cream Cafe. Thanks.

No it hasn't, but work has begun.

Go to Remos, Vittles, or Refresh instead. Don't bother with Costa. If they're keeping the same staff as who worked in Cream then I don't expect it to remain open for long! (finger's crossed!).

Alas, I admit it! I am a big fan of the Costas & Starbucks variety :hihi:

I love the fact I know what I'm getting & they serve it to me very fast & just how I like it! Large skinny lattes with just the one shot for me please! I like my coffee very milky & as weak as waz water :D Yummy!

as it there aint enough coffee shops in broomhill

There will probably only be the one soon :|

They seem to be getting everywhere, but it may have a few jobs going