Police at Notts County - Shocking Video

Number 2 is important - it looks as if they've not had a big crowd there for a while, perhaps the stewards could've doing a better job funneling the fans down from the stairs? Though if everyone wants a drink or the loo at the same time...

Perhaps also a ban on alcohol sales in the away end if they're getting so bladdered! Maybe some just hide it better than others...

Anyway, it could've been something quite dangerous, fortunately it was dealt with swiftly (if not in a particularly fan-friendly way for some), and no-one was hurt (to my knowledge).

They didn't sell beer at half time, but were happy to stand outside various pubs while both set's of fan's drank and drank and drank.

They didn't sell beer at half time, but were happy to stand outside various pubs while both set's of fan's drank and drank and drank.

and where have we seen this situation befroe,what was the outcome and who got blamed ???? if the same thing had happened saturday that happened at hillsbourgh in 89 who would've been blamed this time ??

It'd just as easily apply if it were blades doing the same thing :)

I'll bow out now, and hopefully we'll not be seeing anything similar on Tuesday night. Apart from the away win of course :D

Don't worry about Tuesday night.

I'm sure conditions will be far less cramped for your lads ;)

Maybe they should rethink the safety policy if they can't handle "capacity" away crowds.

Why invite 4 and half thousand fan's if you can't control them properly.

why are they behaving in such a way that they need to be 'controlled'?

If this is the way Wednesday spporters act when there ISN'T any beer, it is no wonder that the away stadiums close their bars at half time. 'Controlling' drunken supportes would be so much worse.

I don't think the police are acting unreasonably here. However, I have seen them act badly at football matches. The one that sticks out for me was when I went to watch Wednesday play in a cup match, it was a replay at Ewood Park and I think we lost 4-2. It was the time when we had Sibon and Geary playing for us and the police were being extremely rough with the fans at the front of the stand. Don't know if anyone else remembers it?

I don't think the police are acting unreasonably here. However, I have seen them act badly at football matches. The one that sticks out for me was when I went to watch Wednesday play in a cup match, it was a replay at Ewood Park and I think we lost 4-2. It was the time when we had Sibon and Geary playing for us and the police were being extremely rough with the fans at the front of the stand. Don't know if anyone else remembers it?

I remember that, the riot police stood along the front? With the pitch being eye level for first few rows made in impossible to see the game too which caused a lot of both as fans shouted for them to move.

If this is the way Wednesday spporters act when there ISN'T any beer, it is no wonder that the away stadiums close their bars at half time. 'Controlling' drunken supportes would be so much worse.

The police closed all food outlets just before half time. People were heading down there to get food/drink and go to the toilet. You went out of the doors to smoke. The police had taped the outside off but could not handle it. The stand is built for 4500-5000 fans but it cannot cope with people heading for the concourse at half time.

Basically, Nottinghamshire Police didnt have a clue what to do from start to finish and throwing people outside (when some were heading up the steps to seats) was the wrong thing. No arrests were made there, just simply moving everyone around.

Edited post

Edited by Wroughton
Spelling

They did exactly the same when we (Leicester) played forest.

It looks on that video as though the Police did noting unreasonable at all and were professional in clearing a potential safety issue.

Football fans are great. If the Police act they moan. If they do nothing and people get hurt again the fans moan.

They can't win - I agree !

Situations can easily get outta control.

Nowt wrong with it at all

I don't see anything wrong with this video either. The Police were perfectly justified in using reasonable force to eject people from a very overcrowded corridor. The how's and why's of the situation can be debated after the fact, however the problem here is to avoid those smaller, and/or less jovial people getting crushed and trampled upon because the drunk tools are too moronic to realise they are acting dangerously.

Did you expect the Police to tap people on the shoulder and say "Excuse me. Would you mind awfully if you left the immediate area?" - They'd get laughed at.

The Police needed to take immediate action for the safety of everyone. That means clearing that area as fast as possible - that's why they were grabbing random people and chucking them out of the door.

Can you imagine what would have happened though if they had tried to stop em drinking etc etc

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Can you imagine what would have happened though if they had tried to stop em drinking etc etc

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think the damned if your right damned if you do works for both sides really Missy.

Ahh well I'm sure lessons will have been learnt on both sides.