Need help in finding what rights volunteers have

what kind of things are you concerned about?

basically if you are volunteering you choose whether to attend or not

you may do the same things, similar things as paid staff but can still be a volunteer or you might provide extra capacity eg as a carer/receptionist

if you let us know your query we can try to help

Volunteers are entitled to the same conditions as any other person in the workplace. Health and safety provision, hours, welfare facilities, the lot. If you need safety equipment, it should be provided FOC. You aren't entitled to any recompense, but it is good practice to cover any out of pocket expenses incurred, however many small organisations won't be able to afford it, so won't offer it.

If there's something that you don't like, perhaps you should find somewhere else to volunteer?

It's not very polite to canvass opinion on SF where you aren't prepared to offer up more detail, who knows what you might be planning, you could have it in for guide dog puppy walkers or be trying to lose somebody their job

People will feel very uncomfortable with offering too much 'advice' so can you elaborate on the issue please?

Seems legitimate to me. The only advice he/she has asked for is a website address that might help.

Agree totally with you - the OP asked a simple question and answer has been provided...no sure why they are expected to come and tell us more so that our curiosity can be satisfied.

Volunteers are entitled to the same conditions as any other person in the workplace. Health and safety provision, hours, welfare facilities, the lot. If you need safety equipment, it should be provided FOC. You aren't entitled to any recompense, but it is good practice to cover any out of pocket expenses incurred, however many small organisations won't be able to afford it, so won't offer it.

If there's something that you don't like, perhaps you should find somewhere else to volunteer?

It's not very polite to canvass opinion on SF where you aren't prepared to offer up more detail, who knows what you might be planning, you could have it in for guide dog puppy walkers or be trying to lose somebody their job

People will feel very uncomfortable with offering too much 'advice' so can you elaborate on the issue please?

Re bold - they didn't do this through - all that was requested was a website .

Thats true ''Murphy Jnr'' all I have asked for is if any one know's of any where I can get help so I can complain about the way I have been treated

I'm sorry but as this is a puplic site and any one, even the place where I volunteer can see what I put.

So once again I'm sorry I can't say what it is about, but would like to say thank you all for your replies.

Archived