Course fishing sheffield area

Hi there if you dont mind me asking how much was the ticket,and was there any body fishing there today.

The ticket is £20 + £20 for your key for the gates but that is returnable on return of the key.

I walked round on Wednesday afternoon & from what i could see (i only walked round half way before the wife wanted to turn back) there was only 2 fishing.

Is there a good head of fish,whats the pike fishing like

Its not a commercial fishery so dont expect to bag up every time you go . If you want that go straight mile etc. You go for the pleasure of the suroundings and country side . Yes i have had decent days 1/2 dozen bream and some tench and got broken a few times by the carp . But have been and strugled . This time of year the tench fishing can be good seem to be more tench than bream . Pike fishing is about average seen a few 20;s out but dont fish for them myself If you want pike go to Hully resevoir :hihi:

Spider, you seem like a man in the know, ive just purchased my annual ticket & was wondering which banks etc... you can fish from. Ive had a walk round & obviously some area's are obviously not fisghable but what about the bank with the proper pegs set out, how far round can you fish?

When you first get to water you can fish anywere in the first bay . After you go through 3rd gate you can fish the wood part . At end of wood is peg one .You can fish all the way up as far as you can drive about 50 pegs. :hihi:

Thanks for the onfo,not after bagging up all the time,fed up of that fish a put in.The pike fishing is something to do in the colder months,not that into it.best part is its not far from home and i do like my tench and bream fishing.Just wondered if the head of fish matched the size of water thats all.

Thanks for the onfo,not after bagging up all the time,fed up of that fish a put in.The pike fishing is something to do in the colder months,not that into it.best part is its not far from home and i do like my tench and bream fishing.Just wondered if the head of fish matched the size of water thats all.
There is a good head of fish but they can be very localised - especially the big ones. Location is key but any peg can be good on its day. The fish do move around a lot. Tench seem to favour the south (Woodhouse Mill) end and bream the middle. How far out to cast varies greatly and you need to experiment on the day until you start hitting them. About £7000's worth of re-stocking is planned for later this year - mainly bream and carp.

Is there a place you can get in and have a walk round

thanks

loxley fisherie,2 second walk to pegs,but i inboxed you with a great place for all day action herries rd pond

loxley fisherie,2 second walk to pegs,but i inboxed you with a great place for all day action herries rd pond

i thought this was a private club club pond???

So did I. Could have changed.

Is there a place you can get in and have a walk round

thanks

You can park your car at Falcanor lane woodhouse mill end of dike. Or Treeton end of dike near railway bridge . If just going to look at fishing go in at treeton end and bear right when you get to lake . You can walk all the way roundl lake taking in the wood as well a very nice walk but take youa good hour

cheers spider never been before so which is best way from catcliffe where pub shut down near river