Bad experience with Tesco delivery

I have just had a really nasty experience with Tesco delivery. I live on the 2nd floor and said so very clearly on the delivery form. Yet the driver refused to bring my shopping up the stairs. (I have used Tesco before and never had any problem). After I rang head office the driver eventually brought the shopping up, damaging my wall on the way and being incredibly rude to me. Tesco have refunded the delivery charge, but have not replied to my complaint to them. Come on Tesco – this is NOT good customer service. Perhaps you will reply to me now I have raised this publicly on this forum?

That must have been awful for you.

i hope their isnt a reason why she cant go down and fetch it (even though thats not the point its a delivery service), but if their is a reason that she cant go down to collect, disability etc

then you are going to look pretty stupid for your sarcy comment forumosaurus ;)

Write a letter to them once a week every week; Andy Dufresne did that in The Shawshank Redemption and got money and books and stuff for the prison.

i hope their isnt a reason why she cant go down and fetch it (even though thats not the point its a delivery service), but if their is a reason that she cant go down to collect, disability etc

then you are going to look pretty stupid for your sarcy comment forumosaurus ;)

I thought he was being sincere :) just goes to show the many different ways a line can be read.

Write a letter to them once a week every week; Andy Dufresne did that in The Shawshank Redemption and got money and books and stuff for the prison.

:hihi::hihi:

good old andy

I thought he was being sincere :) just goes to show the many different ways a line can be read.

have a look at the other posts he makes, then it wont come across as sincere ;)

No, I don't do history checks not with Cyclone and Halibut around to do it for me :hihi:

Nah I wasn't being sincere.

Unrelated topic but I just checked OPs blog and she's selling weight loss coupons as mothers day presents bhahahahaha.

"Hi mom happy mother's day here's a weight loss session voucher" hahahaha.

You should make them for Valentines day and Christmas too, let your loved ones really know how much you care.

To be honest i work for a rival of tesco. If their rules are same as ours then the driver is not allowed to enter any flat complex and the website small print should tell you this. As soon as he does the employers insurance wont cover him. Also the drivers are not CRB checked. Drivers who worked for the company before the change in regs often do as they used to and help with your shopping. Newer drivers wont. However that aside it does not excuse bad manners.

To be honest i work for a rival of tesco. If their rules are same as ours then the driver is not allowed to enter any flat complex and the website small print should tell you this. As soon as he does the employers insurance wont cover him. Also the drivers are not CRB checked. Drivers who worked for the company before the change in regs often do as they used to and help with your shopping. Newer drivers wont. However that aside it does not excuse bad manners.

Even if this is the case, surely he could have explained rather than being rude and seeing as the op had informed them of their location when ordering, they should have contacted them to let them know of the policy.

I've had home delivery before and went back to fetching it myself. With all the mistakes they seem to make, with any company not just Tesco's, it's less hassle to fetch it yourself!

You got further than me with Tesco home delivery. A week of phonecalls and no-shows, ended up cancelling. Never again.