The day Hoooofball died

AlexDeadman

We we're reluctant to admit it before Megson left but the truth is that Wednesday's game did include a lot of long balls. Jones took a big risk today by trying a big change of strategy with a team that had been playing very differently for a long time and it seems that the risk paid off.

Will this be known as the day that hoofball died? (unless maybe United adopt it like they did in the derby)

We we're reluctant to admit it before Megson left but the truth is that Wednesday's game did include a lot of long balls. Jones took a big risk today by trying a big change of strategy with a team that had been playing very differently for a long time and it seems that the risk paid off.

Will this be known as the day that hoofball died? (unless maybe United adopt it like they did in the derby)

We always knew we could get the ball down and play,we just didnt do it enough.Yeah we did defend megson afterall he was our manager and thats what you do,but hopefully we have seen the end of the hoof.

Don't be daft - the first goal when the ball was delicately hoooffed through for Lines to round the keeper, then gently Hoooooofffff it back to Antonio who calmly hooooooffffffed it into the back of the net was pure HOOOOFFFFFFFFball - it's the way forward. :hihi:

Guest sibon

To be fair, there wasn't that much hoofing under Megson. He was very direct, but not a hoofer.

Anyone who saw the mid 90s Wimbledon side, or Basset's Blades would recognise the difference.

That said, I did enjoy the match tonight. There were some great passages of play.

To be fair, there wasn't that much hoofing under Megson. He was very direct, but not a hoofer.

Anyone who saw the mid 90s Wimbledon side, or Basset's Blades would recognise the difference.

That said, I did enjoy the match tonight. There were some great passages of play.

Even so, Megson bought/loaned a lot of six foot plusses and he did play more than enough hoof especially down the flanks to try and win throws.

He was very negative aswell when we were in the lead.

I'm glad we got rid to be honest, great bloke but very one dimensional when it comes to football and tactics.

Even so, Megson bought/loaned a lot of six foot plusses and he did play more than enough hoof especially down the flanks to try and win throws.

He was very negative aswell when we were in the lead.

I'm glad we got rid to be honest, great bloke but very one dimensional when it comes to football and tactics.

He did it with WBA though, so if needed, I reckon he would have done things differently between now and the end of the season, but we'll never know.

He did it with WBA though, so if needed, I reckon he would have done things differently between now and the end of the season, but we'll never know.

I don't like teams sitting back, Meggo did every single game when we wer up.

We were 4-0 up today and the players were willing each other to go on and get more.

Meggo - Jones when it comes to tactics and know how, there aint no competition, I know quite a few Cardiff fan's and they have got a lot of good things to say about him.