Walsall v Blades - Matchthread

bassett-boys

Frank Barlow confirmed the Blades are in talks with a couple of players and expect to bring in an emergency defender before the game. To be eligable to play the player must be signed by about 4:30pm-5:00pm so no faxing documents please United as we need to cover :hihi:

Its going to be a very tough one this, Walsall in my opinion are one of the better teams to have played football against us at the lane this year, I was impressed with how they brought the game to us earlier in the season and they will have been gutted to have deservedly gone 2-0 up against us only concede 3 and lose.

Young Kevan Hurst will be out to prove a point again so hes one to watch, and the veteran that is Jon Macken can still put the ball in the net in big occasions so we need to watch him. Don't know when Mcdonald is back but were starting to miss his control and killer pass in the middle of the park at the minute and were going to miss Lowtons overlapping runs but I STILL think we have enough in the ranks to beat Walsall if we get our head on the game.

Walsall 1 v 2 Blades (Evans, Cresswell)

Warsaw v Blades - Matchthread

Hope the flight to Poland didn't take too much out of the players

Soccer AM Canada mate do you watch it over there?

Ever been to the Banks stadium? Not looking forward to it in all honesty, no the best of Stadiums and must have the most advertisement boards in England. Advertisements on advertisements, billboards on every wall and on lamp-posts in the carpark, you would think with all of the revenue generate from them that they would be a super power in Europe :hihi:

Edited by bassett-boys

Soccer AM Canada mate do you watch it over there?

Ever been to the Banks stadium? Not looking forward to it in all honesty, no the best of Stadiums and must have the most advertisement boards in England. Advertisements on advertisements, billboards on every wall and on lamp-posts in the carpark, you would think with all of the revenue generate from them that they would be a super power in Europe :hihi:

Yes mate i was there when we lost 2-1 in the League Cup in the 1997-98 season and No i dont watch soccer AM :o

Funny stuff LOL

Edited by canadablade

For 90% of our home game against Walsall, Jon Macken was, by far, the best player on the pitch ...until we finally woke our ideas up !!

You could do a lot worse than have John Macken up front for you in the 3rd level of English football, he's a very good striker even though he is getting on.

just signed 2 on loan for tonight. matt hills [full back] to end of season. john egan [ centre half] on months loan from sunderland. no need to shuffle team around tonight now, so midfield and up front same as saturday. lets hope if we go ahead we don't get complacent like saturday.COYRAWW.