Dave Jones' first press-conference

scoobydotcom

Dave Jones pre-Bury press conference for those interested

"First impressions are we have a hard working team"

"I'm here to add to the work that's gone on beforehand and push the club on"

"Will the style of play change? Yes, but that kind of stuff takes time and we'll take it bit-by-bit"

"The team are in a fantastic position, we need to add to it"

"Terry Burton will be joining us and adding to the staff we have. We want to hit the ground running"

"I don't go into a club and clean the place out. The existing staff will carry on doing what they are doing for now"

"The more you get to know me you'll find out that I won't comment on transfers until they are signed sealed and delivered"

"Everybody here has a clean slate and I will give all the opportunity for them to show me what they have got"

"I appreciate the response I have gotten from people so far. This is a massive, massive club"

"The response I have had from the players has been fantastic. They are a great set of lads"

"I am grateful to have the opportunity to work with Milan. He's turned this fantastic club around from the doldrums."

"I was once losing a game 3-0 and got booed off at half time. We won 4-3 and I got carried off. All fans want is success."

"I have nothing but admiration for the supporters. Here they come week-in-week-out, even when SWFC were struggling."

"This club deserves to be at the highest level. You've got to earn that and that is what I will try and do"

"While I am here, the one thing I can guarantee the supporters is everything I've got, and I want that from the players"

"Chris Evans is still Assistant Manager. I'm not into titles, everybody works together for one aim."

"I'm not somebody who takes his own entourage, I don't want to lose any talented staff that are here"

"I know a lot of the players here. I scouted players such as Madine and Lines when I was at Cardiff"

Nothing in the Robert Earnshaw link. "I've never worked with him before" says Jones

Edited by scoobydotcom

Here's what the Guardian Sports Netork reported:

Six things Owls fans can look forward to with the former Cardiff City manager Dave Jones at the helm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2012/mar/05/dave-jones-sheffield-wednesday

Most worrying is that In 2002, Jones's Wolves team managed to lose an 11-point lead in March to lose out on promotion.

Interesting that he still kept his job and got them promoted the following season.

Here's what the Guardian Sports Netork reported:

Six things Owls fans can look forward to with the former Cardiff City manager Dave Jones at the helm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2012/mar/05/dave-jones-sheffield-wednesday

Most worrying is that In 2002, Jones's Wolves team managed to lose an 11-point lead in March to lose out on promotion.

Interesting that he still kept his job and got them promoted the following season.

Just read the article and the underlying thing is that , He was given time!

,so will he be allowed time at Wednesday. Megson was not!

I'm surprised that's all he said to the press.

I think I'd have used a few more four letter words than he did.

They talk about 'time' and turning things around.

DJ hasn't got time, he has to turn us in to Real Madrid, starting tonight, and finishing with promotion at the end of the season.

Stranger things have happened.