Dailymail: Youth work for a living - Are you financially illiterate?

Young drivers are having to turn down work because they are being 'hammered' by the soaring cost of car insurance, a leading MP has warned.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2109201/Young-job-hunters-turn-work-sky-high-car-insurance.html#ixzz1nzynoGKC

On top of facing effective tax rates that exceed 100% before taking into account travel costs, the youth face the added burden of car insurance, where they are effectively anally raped by the banks via the states enforcement of car insurance.

Only the retarded shall work. The rational man will sign on and go without a car. He'll probably do a bit of homebrew too. Ideally he will claim DLA.

You need the youth to work to pay your pensions, but when you effectively tax them above 100%, they have no INCENTIVE to work.

The UK is screwed!

Only the retarded shall work?! I'm sorry but I actually find that rather offensive, I've been called retarded online by clueless people who don't understand Asperger's syndrome so I know what it's like to be called it.. I could go on a long rant about this being yet another in a long line of newspaper based trolling by the Mail, but I somehow doubt the Mods would thank me so I won't.

Only the retarded shall work?! I'm sorry but I actually find that rather offensive, I've been called retarded online by clueless people who don't understand Asperger's syndrome so I know what it's like to be called it.. I could go on a long rant about this being yet another in a long line of newspaper based trolling by the Mail, but I somehow doubt the Mods would thank me so I won't.

You must be joking!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2109201/Young-job-hunters-turn-work-sky-high-car-insurance.html#ixzz1nzynoGKC

On top of facing effective tax rates that exceed 100% before taking into account travel costs, the youth face the added burden of car insurance, where they are effectively anally raped by the banks via the states enforcement of car insurance.

Only the retarded shall work. The rational man will sign on and go without a car. He'll probably do a bit of homebrew too. Ideally he will claim DLA.

You need the youth to work to pay your pensions, but when you effectively tax them above 100%, they have no INCENTIVE to work.

The UK is screwed!

YOu raise a very good point.

A reality for the unfortunate few, but very soon to be a reality for the unfortunate majority - give it 3 or 4 years, it won;t just be the youth going to work that will finacially be up the creak.

By the time that happens, it will be too late.

I have a car; I also work that must make me retarded. Thanks chem1st :hihi:

It depends luv.

I'm having a go more at the madness of the state and its irrational taxation, rather than the downtrodden workers in this land!

If you need your car to work, and its expense is significant you could quite easily be better off on benefits...

Why do you constantly think someone is having a pop at you personally?

It depends luv.

I'm having a go more at the madness of the state and its irrational taxation, rather than the downtrodden workers in this land!

I guessed so, hence the :hihi: smiley.

If you need your car to work, and its expense is significant you could quite easily be better off on benefits...

I usually walk to work. I'd much prefer to work than be in receipt of benefits. :)

Archived