Recommended businesses and tradesmen

Hi - we just had Michael Mitchell (on this board) do a "feature wall" with wallpaper in our bedroom - he came quickly do give a quote, good quote, came early on the day he said he would come and did a great job - will definitely be getting him back once I have talked the oh into doing the next project!

I've just had 1000 business cards (photographic) printed by http://www.hedgerow.co.uk. They are very professional and look lovely. They do the Sheffield Postcards as well so i knew they'd be good and they only cost £40 which is very cheap. This is their link:

http://www.hedgerow.co.uk/product.php?pcategory=30

I forgot to mention that I had some great promotional coasters done with them as well. Usual high quality! :

http://www.hedgerow.co.uk/product.php?pcategory=5

i would like to recommend mf joinery, fantastic job, and a good man.

We have just had all of the upper half of our house renovated by MFD Design & Build Ltd.

Mark has been an absolute legend, and has restored our faith in quality, professionalism and workmanship within the building trade after using some cowboys in the past (one off the forum actually, but that's a different story, he knows who he is)!

We had the whole upstairs stripped right back to the brick work and re-done, new stud walls built and some walls knocked down to change the whole layout.......and it looks STUNNING!

Mark arranged everything, including architects, and everything ran like clockwork. The only thing that really slowed us down was the snow, and even then, Mark was the only tradesman who made it to site, even after I told him not to risk it!

If you go to www.mfddesignandbuild.co.uk and go to the gallery section, you will see pics of our project in "House Refurbishment" and "Built in Wardrobes" (the top row of pics)

If you are looking for any kind of building work done then I cannot recommend Mark highly enough!

Thanks again Mark, you're a star, we're already saving for downstairs ;)!!!

i would like to recommend mf joinery, fantastic job, and a good man.

Thank you for the feedback Ollie and Paul it's much appreciated.

P.s thanks very much for the bonus Ollie :D

For kitchen fitting and joinery I would recommend JB Property Maintenance

0114 2555827 or 0781 471 3636

I have recently had James to fit our new Ikea kitchen and am so pleased with the job he's done. It looks even better than we'd hoped for even with some difficulties being thrown in by funny angles (end terrace!) and strange Ikea conventions.

The job was done quickly, tidily and with great professionalism - James turned up when he said he would and went out of his way to get us extra materials/fittings. The kitchen has been fitted to such a high standard that it looks considerably more expensive than it was - the wooden worktops have excellent joints, all doors and drawers are perfectly fitted and the little details are worked out perfectly. James was keeping me updated with his progress throughout the job which was great, especially for such major work to the house.

It's amazing to think that we could have shelled out £13,000 at somewhere like moben and I honestly think ours looks a lot better and we've definitely had a better service from James.

I would recommend JB Property to anyone, and would be happy to email photos to anyone interested.

With 35 pages of recommendations and almost all of them Sheffield-based businesses, this has to be the best thread on the forum.

If we try to keep more of the money made in Sheffield within the local ecomony there is a benefit for everyone running a business here.

Keep contributions coming and this thread will remain visible - nothing more powerful than testimonial from real customers, be they individual consumers or other businesses.

Having finally got around to signing up for a posting rather than just perusing and stealing other peoples recommendations, I thought I'd start with my own recommendations

Firstly, for carpet cleaning, I recently had a full house of carpet cleaning by Steven (The Carpet Cleaning Professor) - very good job and a friendly bloke to boot. Ran through exaclty what he would do and even told me what some of the more strange stains were. Highly recommended. 0114 221 7222 - http://www.thecarpetcleaningprofessor.co.uk

Secondly I have been using an architect recently for a house extension and to guide me through all of the council bits. A really helpful guy by the name of Neil Fieldhouse has been assisting, he turns up on time, replies to emails and even answers the phone (oh and seems to know what he's doing which also helps!). Anyhow he's on 0114 2695622 or at http://www.plansforextensions.com.

Recommendation for Ben at BJ Plumbing, Heating and Building Services 0114 460139,07967282839.email [email protected].

Needed a small plumbing job sorting, rang him on Monday he said he would come round on Tuesday evening. He turned up when he said he would, did a clean & tidy job & was very reasonably priced. What more can you ask for?

Hi, I have a recommendation for double glazing for anybody thinking of getting some done.

I recently had a couple of windows by a company called Askams in Sheffield. They are not a massive company but a friend recommended them to me as he had used them a couple of times in the past.

Anyway, like I said I recently had a couple of windows done with them and have to say that i am really pleased with the work they have done. I had a nice bloke come round the house to give me the quote, he wasnt pushy like other reps I had from the 'well known' companies(wont mention names lol). He gave me the quote and then went away while me and my husband thought about it. We gave him a ring a couple of days later and the same bloke came back round for us to place an order. I am very happy with the finished work.

I would definatly recommend this company, good price, nice folk.

p.s. they also pay people 50 quid for recommending them to other people(providing they have some work done) so if anybody does decided to give them a try please mention that you were recommended by Mrs.M. Evans. lol thanks!

Edited by mellymoo
forgot to put something.

Hi, I have a recommendation for double glazing for anybody thinking of getting some done.

I recently had a couple of windows by a company called Askams in Sheffield. They are not a massive company but a friend recommended them to me as he had used them a couple of times in the past.

Anyway, like I said I recently had a couple of windows done with them and have to say that i am really pleased with the work they have done. I had a nice bloke come round the house to give me the quote, he wasnt pushy like other reps I had from the 'well known' companies(wont mention names lol). He gave me the quote and then went away while me and my husband thought about it. We gave him a ring a couple of days later and the same bloke came back round for us to place an order. I am very happy with the finished work.

I would definatly recommend this company, good price, nice folk.

p.s. they also pay people 50 quid for recommending them to other people(providing they have some work done) so if anybody does decided to give them a try please mention that you were recommended by Mrs.M. Evans. lol thanks!

very good company to have do you windows they also do fascias soffits and guttering highly recommended

Forum member w.buildings (Paul Worth, Worth Building) built me 14 brick pillars off an existing wall with wooden fencing between each pillar within 4 weeks every pillar was loose.

He attended to take the pillars down for safety but emails, texts and phone calls now get no response so he obviously has no intention of putting the job right. PLEASE BE WARNED.

i can highly recommend roofersheff http://www.roofinginsheffield.co.uk as do many people on here his thread for next day roof repairs is on the following link http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=435859

he has now done numerous jobs for me and i just thought i would give him a shout out.

contact is 07809725763