Old Methodist Church on Sharrow Lane

Sharrow St. Johns was a large part of my neighbourhoods' life. Living on Franklin street opposite..we went to Sunday school.. The Cubs.. Scouts.. Youth club.. The scout band.. The Church for Sunday services.. met most of my friends there. I called by chance for a nosy on Friday 19th. April .. very little now remains and I just got in with some final photo's. Happy memories of days gone by. I also married there in May 1973.

I lived on Club Garden Road did most of things you said apart from getting married went school next door all seemed to revolve around that area

The planning has now been either refused or withdrawn!

For me... that's good... I'll nip back down and get some further photo's.

There's not much left but it'll have to do. I really wish I'd got access some years ago before demolition started.. obviously some folks did.. because plenty of pictures are on forums.... Thanks for the info'.

• 1 month later...

does anyone know who owns the land,i spoke to a guy who said i could take some bricksoff the site then some interfering busy body phoned the police and we had to leave because i couldnt prove i had permission,its purely to recycle the bricks at my home,,,can anyone help please

There's also that old church on Cemetery Road surrounded by, you've guessed it, a large cemetery. It is abandoned and falling into ruins. Any plans to do anything about this? Seems such a shame.

That is called General cemetery the church lower down is still open