Moving house - what's the most stressful part?

*Ryan*

the idiots in call centres that can't carry out simple change of address instructions :rant:

... that's if you don't include the removal men stealing some of your stuff (including random pieces of your Denby dinner service and the pan supports off the cooker :loopy: )

Also: the need to change everything such as mailing lists, landline telephone numbers [if area-based], business cards, etc. etc.

And, just when you think that you've told/notified everyone who needs to know, some post goes missing or has to be redirected (because you forgot to tell its sender).

actually, the address change incident I was referring to was one where the idiot receiving the instructions actually closed the account concerned. My mother only found out when a letter arrived that'd been redirected by royal mail from her previous address

Never found moving house stressful, only moved 3 times each time was for the better, so how should that be stressful,its only as stressful as you perceive it,

Well yeah,. depending on how urgent you want to move also.

For me its the people around it, such as solicitors and estate agent that make it stressful..

Archived