Leaded stained glass doors and windows - anyone had them reinstated?

Olive

Hi All,

I'm looking to replace my front door and the surrounding window with something more like the original, which would have been art-nouveau, leaded,stained glass (judging by some of the neighbouring houses).

I've searched on the internet, but all I seem to find is either double-glazing panels made to look like cheap and nasty imitations of stained glass, or people who make stained glass as art-work.

Is there anyone out there reproducing quality window and door panels in Edwardian styles? Has anyone else had this done (I can't be the only one!).

Thanks.

• 6 months later...
We're having a new panel for our front door made by a woman called Denise Perry. She's done several on our street and they look really good. Her number is 07855593625. She also works for Sheffield window centre

http://www.sheffield-window-centre.co.uk/stained-glass-windows.asp

We used Denise to re lead and repair our original leaded front door, she is very good and reasonable.

Did such a good job a neighbour used her to make a replica of ours, again she did a brilliant job.

• 2 months later...
Try Natasha sorrel. She just did a lovely bit of work for us at Walkley community centre.

http://Www.glassroom.co.uk

Hello All, thought I'd give you an update.

I commissioned Natasha to design and make our stained glass and we've had it fitted now. It looks brilliant - such an improvement on what was there before, the house has got its mojo back! I had a vague idea of the type of design and colours I wanted, but she somehow managed to translate these into reality. Really, really pleased.