Job quotes from qualified tradesman?

My husband's been replying to lots of jobs on the forum over the the past few weeks and not had one phone call or reply.

We find this rather strange as my husband is qualified and insured.

On further examination, we've noticed there's lots of tradesman out there who are willing to do job for peanuts. This is all well and good for the customers, but A it's driving down the price for everyone :(. I'm sure lots of tradesman would agree can these quotes really be from qualified legit people ?:|

I think it's just a case of keep quoting and you will get the work. Try not to get discouraged too easily. That's the nature of being self employed- you win some you loose some! Good Luck.

No it's not the nature of being self employed. He's been self employed for 20 years i'm sure he knows about that quotes. What im getting at, is surly these quotes must be bogus or something. Example take a job thats worth £50 in labour there's is folk putting quotes in for £20 without even looking at the jobs first. How can these people possibly be qualified. This does even cover his insurance premium and fuel :(

No it's not the nature of being self employed. He's been self employed for 20 years i'm sure he knows about that quotes. What im getting at, is surly these quotes must be bogus or something. Example take a job thats worth £50 in labour there's is folk putting quotes in for £20 without even looking at the jobs first. How can these people possibly be qualified. This does even cover his insurance premium and fuel :(

My OH is having same probs, he is fully qualified joiner, CSCS and CIS registered. His customers always say his price is under for the quality of work, but thats mainly due to hard times and having to take pay cut like most people. He comes higly recommended by all who have used him, BUT on here hes always under cut :(. xx