Boycott workfare in Sheffield

Tesco don't know how many unpaid people they had to take on for those 300 permanent jobs they mentioned had been created in an earlier email...

Thank you for contacting us again.

I am afraid that we are not in a position to provide that information at this point in time as this figure has not been made available to us.

Please let me assure you that we are continually monitoring customer feedback, so your comments are very much appreciated and have been duly noted.

Myself and my colleagues have nothing further to say on this matter.

Thank you for letting us know your views.

Judging by the majority of the responses on this thread: it seems those that are working, are generally in favour of the workfare scheme, & those that aren't working, are suddenly terrified that they might have to do a day's work, & are objecting to it. At the end of the day, I think most people will be able to draw their own conclusions from that.

Judging by the majority of the responses on this thread: it seems those that are working, are generally in favour of the workfare scheme, & those that aren't working, are suddenly terrified that they might have to do a day's work, & are objecting to it. At the end of the day, I think most people will be able to draw their own conclusions from that.

Couldnt have put it better myself :love:

I've not seen an "employment status" tag on Sheffield Forum user profiles....

Where did you find that?

So, still no answer from anyone lauding this scheme as to why it is a good idea to pay dole money to TWO people - one who doesn't particularly want a job but is forced to take it whilst still being paid benefits, and the other who would love to do that job and be paid by the employer for it, but can't because the employer is happy taking the free labour, so the second person is also claiming benefits.

Stop the workfare, make the employer pay the person who wants to work there and bingo - one less on the dole.

I presume those applauding this ridiculous scheme are wandering about without noses because their face offended them once

Just a thought (maybe a bit off topic) but...

If you are on one of the A4E/Cerco etc "providors" mandatory work programmes and you find yourself a job (IE: YOU find the position independantly) does the "providor" still get credit (and funding) because you are then in work??

Anyone know the answer?

In that situation you should immediately sign off the dole and not give any details of the job to the provider or the DWP.

Only just announced by Nick Clegg.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17104998

So another £126 million will be spent which equals £2290.90 to the firm or charity on the scheme!

All those that think working for a charity is cool need to think again as charities are just big businesses hence the rise of the "chugger." The directors and executives of these charities get paid very well and I would never work for one.

A quote from the article:

"Mr Clegg described the problem of rising youth unemployment as a "ticking time bomb"."

Very true and its not only youth unemployment either. The situation will only get worse as spending tax money on useless schemes that will not slow or decrease unemployment is money wasted.

Now lets see just what effect all these schemes costing £millions will have on the unemployment figures. Personally I expect the figures to carry on rising so be worried as your job could go next.

Originally Posted by Ned Ludd View Post

There was a huge unemployment problem in central Europe in the early 1940's......easily solved. Millions were given free transport to work in German factories in return for free food and housing.

Technically it was slave labour but Siemens, Daimler, Krupp and many other reputable companies were happy to assist in returning many unemployed layabouts to work who would have otherwise been a major drain on resources

Bad call Ned, really, really bad. If you go back and delete your post I'll delete this one and call it quits.

Only a matter of degree I think. A slippery slope starts with a brink and then often a gradual decline into oblivion. I'm not deleting anything, not apologising, not being 'shamed' by the pompous

In that situation you should immediately sign off the dole and not give any details of the job to the provider or the DWP.
that wont happen they can still have you on their books for 6 months after you sign off.( i heard recently this could be up to 2 years in the future)

I was signing on for 2 months, last week due to being talked to in a demeaning manner by jobcentre staff i told them to shove their benefits.

It is not about people afraid of doing a days graft it is about being treated like a piece of ****.

Lets hope you don't find yourself unemployed as you will find out why people are complaining.

apparently maplins? have pulled out and so has tesco? who have said their gonna pay people a real wage for a 4 week trial as "work experience"

people power eh?

apparently maplins? have pulled out and so has tesco? who have said their gonna pay people a real wage for a 4 week trial as "work experience"

people power eh?

Where did you hear this? Great news if it's true.