Walk in centre ,, bad first impression

The NHS Walk-In Centre is run by One Medicare, an experienced independent provider of primary care services.

At the NHS Walk-in Clinic we use ‘Front Line Assessment’ also known as Triage. This is done by an experienced Nurse Practitioner who has additional training in minor illnesses. Assessment by a nurse is in place to reduce waiting times for patients by identifying patients with less serious conditions which may be treated quickly and simply and do not need to be seen by a GP. It also quickly identifies any patients with more complex, serious, or life threatening conditions requiring more immediate medical attention.

One Medicare is an independent provider of medical services throughout the UK and we always take patient feedback very seriously. We are currently looking into some of the points made on this blog and would appreciate it if you would contact us directly with any further comments. You can contact us via the centres website onemedicare-sheffield.co.uk or by calling 0114 241 2700.

I had a really bad eye infection and decided to go to the Walk in Centre after work, i got there at 8.20pm and was seen at 9.50pm,, i saw a female before i saw the doc. this woman was rude, ignorant,and made me feel i was wasting her time,, she never looked at me just asked me why i was there , even though i had filled out a form stating exactly why i was there,if i hadnt been in pain i would have walked out ,, However when i got to see the proper doc she was lovely and gave me medication and eyedrops,, has anyone else had the same experience there ?:rant::rant::rant:

It's the 'I'm a receptionist at a GP surgery and therefore am a bit like a Dr myself' syndrome. I couldn't care less how many excuses are made for this person on this thread, there's no excuse for arrogance, beligerence and rudeness; especially when somebody is not well.

There's a thread running on here entitled boycott workfare.......interesting stuff. All the people who would actually like that person's job and could probably do it better but aren't going to get a look in because they've already been stigmatized for being on benefits:loopy:

The NHS Walk-In Centre is run by One Medicare, an experienced independent provider of primary care services.

At the NHS Walk-in Clinic we use ‘Front Line Assessment’ also known as Triage. This is done by an experienced Nurse Practitioner who has additional training in minor illnesses. Assessment by a nurse is in place to reduce waiting times for patients by identifying patients with less serious conditions which may be treated quickly and simply and do not need to be seen by a GP. It also quickly identifies any patients with more complex, serious, or life threatening conditions requiring more immediate medical attention.

One Medicare is an independent provider of medical services throughout the UK and we always take patient feedback very seriously. We are currently looking into some of the points made on this blog and would appreciate it if you would contact us directly with any further comments. You can contact us via the centres website onemedicare-sheffield.co.uk or by calling 0114 241 2700.

I've only been in there once and have to say that I was treated with indifference and as a number by the reception staff. No smile from anybody and I was met with a sigh of impatience when i didn't know the proceedure prior to seeing a doctor.

I've visited once and won't be going back. Rude staff, inept Doctors and a poor service all round. Absolutely useless. Next time I'll suffer and wait for my normal Doctors to open. And even then I'm faced with the snot nosed moose of a receptionist.

I've only been in there once and have to say that I was treated with indifference and as a number by the reception staff. No smile from anybody and I was met with a sigh of impatience when i didn't know the proceedure prior to seeing a doctor.

thats exactly how i felt

Need to try harder C-

• 11 months later...

I have been to the Walk-In with my Aunty 4 times over the past month. She is old & her memory is not great & her health.

Reading previous posts not much has changed in relation to the reception staff. They make you feel unimportant & you are wasting there time. My Aunty is in her 80's her memory may not be good but she is not deaf. The manner that she was spoken to is just wrong & I agree there is no excuse to speak to anyone like this when they are poorly. We have been told why we did not attend our own GP surgery,it was the weekend?!? On another occasion we got called back & the receptionist was sayingthe problem that we had put on the form was not good enough. She then started to say it was not acceptable. When did the receptionists become the Dr.

They gave us the impression that patients are just a nuisance. I felt sorry for the non-speaking English patients who were trying but the staff were just aggressive to them in there tone.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to go to this place. I would not recommend it. The Medical staff who have helped my Aunty have been good but the reception staff are just awful. Very poor service imo.

You were lucky then - just to get the in- difference.

The last time I was there the two women behind the desk were talking very loudly , in quite nasty terms, about a patient who had just left - sharing with the entire waiting room intimate details of her gynecological issue.

I did go over and told then it was inappropriate and that if they did not shut up immediately I would make a formal complaint. I now wish I had.

Edited by pottedplant

My youngest girl has just been diagnosed with Autism, she's a proper live wire in public situations & keeps us on our toes. Anyhow she spotted the button on the wall for the glass elevator & been naturally inquisitive wanted to press it. As she made her way over (with me in hot pursuit) all 3 receptionists sat up in their chairs & gasped, anybody would think she'd just pressed the button to start a nuclear war. (nothing happened, its a lift where the door has to be pulled, its merely to call it & it sits on ground floor anyway) but it was obvious they were all now staring at her & tutting & mumbling. Horrible people. They don't seem to have anything at all to do, just sit there people watching & then judging people.

You were lucky then - just to get the in- difference.

The last time I was there the two women behind the desk were talking very loudly , in quite nasty terms, about a patient who had just left - sharing with the entire waiting room intimate details of her gynecological issue.

I did go over and told then it was inappropriate and that if they did not shut up immediately I would make a formal complaint. I now wish I had.

I have made a complaint their poor service re; reception staff but have not heard anything back.

It is clear that there is a bad pattern in how they deal with the patients who go to the walk-in. I just hope management pick on this. It is not good enough & you do not wish to be treated in a bad way when you are poorly.